Bossi Bicycles

Lanoy Sports

Look out for our latest bike brand landing in South Africa in the next few weeks.

https://bossibicycles.com/

Bossi Titanium Bikes is super niche but are oh so lovely to look at!

We are landing a Bossi SS Strada and the latest Bossi Grit SX.

build kits still to be decided.

For the Strada SS i'm thinking either Campagnolo Super Record EPS coupled with WTO 45 wheels or Sram Red AXS coupled with Zipp 353's.

For the Grit SX either Capmagnolo Ekar and their latest Levante Gravel wheels or Sram Force with ENVE AG25 or SES3.4AR wheels (likely will go with the sram build as i have both the groupset and wheels currently in stock).

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

https://cyclingtips.com/2022/01/bossi-strada-ss-road-bike-review-aero-meets-titanium/

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find anything with this amount of exquisite craftsmanship utterly desirable. AND it's a bicycle too... 

really excited to get this - there has been a slight delay with DHL shipping.

hopefully we will have this in country by next week.

i think the craftsmanship on these is just gorgeous

I get a sneaky suspicion we might be seeing newer campy launching soon - hoping it is sited at the TDF. this will go a long way in deciding the build kit for the SS

That Gravel model is probably the best looking gravel bike I seen...raw Ti is hard to beat!😜 Slap a dropper on that and you got the perfect gravel bike that would also do you proud on the road....image.png.79a723a50d8ba4007471e7b7f093db6d.png

1 hour ago, capediver said:

That Gravel model is probably the best looking gravel bike I seen...raw Ti is hard to beat!😜 Slap a dropper on that and you got the perfect gravel bike that would also do you proud on the road....image.png.79a723a50d8ba4007471e7b7f093db6d.png

100% agree - it is stunning!

i have a 52 in that on its way so will have one this side for those interested in purchasing to view in person

Enter the Groupset conundrum for the SS Strada frameset

Sram Red with Zipp 353 wheels

OR

Campagnolo Super Record EPS with Bora Ultra WTO 45 wheels.

i know right, first world problems!

the heart says Campy

the head says Sram

Reasons:

Could you imagine how good this bike will look with the campy groupset. Hang it on a wall and call it art!

The catch is the Bora WTO 45 wheels. this is a Ti bike and should be built with the end vision of comfort. The Bora WTO 45 wheels have a rather narrow 19mm inner rim width and are optimised for 25mm tires. They are expensive and my head says the narrow design is rather yesteryear.

So while they look jaw dropping i cannot see them being as comfortable as a more modern 25mm inner designed rim clad in 28mm rubber.

NB aero aside on this one - its not the point of this build. i want comfort.

Pretty much all other major players have already moved to 25mm Inner rim width.

ENVE's new SES 3.4s are now 25mm inner rim width.

Zipps 303 Firecrest and 353 NSW wheels are both 25mm inner rim width.

so the Sram build starts looking like the best bet.

but then again - this would look so mint with the campy kit

i'm not a fan of mixing up a campy groupset with non-campy wheels - its just a no go on the visuals side.

Edited by Furbz