1982/3 BMX Raleigh Burner value ?

DeonvdC

Good day .

This is my first post and I would like to know if someone can help to determine the value of my BMX . It's a one owner , unrestored ( seat and tyres replaced) Raleigh Burner BMX. Not sure if it's a 1982 or 1983 ? 

I am interested in selling and any help would be appreciated.

20220621_165745.jpg

20220621_173232.jpg

20220621_165731.jpg

20220621_165722.jpg

20220621_165535.jpg

20220621_165418.jpg

20220621_165409.jpg

20220621_165400.jpg

20220621_165343.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an expert on BMX`s.

Go and look in this thread, there is Facebook pages with knowledgeable persons.

Yup, those FB groups are the way. Will probably be worth a reasonable amount to the right buyer.

I had one like that with red padding waaay back in standard 4/5, I even had red tyres - brings back lots of memories.

Edited by Dexter-morgan

12 minutes ago, DeonvdC said:

My dad bought me that bike when I was about 12 , brand new . I have a lot of happy memories with that BMX . 

Do not sell it. Restore, keep as prized possession as a remembrance of those happy memories.

20 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I remember those bear trap pedals - my shins still have dents in them.

They are tough yes ! 😁

35 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Do not sell it. Restore, keep as prized possession as a remembrance of those happy memories.

Definitely a possibility . Thank you ! 

I also had a blue one in the mid 80's.

Made me stick out like a sore thumb at our home made BMX track when compared to all the boys and girls on their Mongoose, Redline, GT etc.

I have exact the same Burner but only in Red.

After 10 years of marriage, I was eventually granted access to enter my father in law's hoarder garage ...🤪

Discovered this Burner BMX that my wife use for commuting to school (80's)

I restored it for myself, and use to go to the BMX park with my son when he was still in his BMX stage. The kids thought this ou oom was very cool 

My son outgrown his BMX era now. He saw from me how cool it was to ride a vintage BMX - so his new Mongoose is in storage for the next generation... 

I also thought of selling my Burner after our BMX rides ended, but the reality is, there is not really a market for this. These Burners were also entry level bikes back in the day.

I currently look at the option to place it in my mancave  -but still looking for a real live ET doll  / blanket and basket to put on front..

For now my Burner is safely stored in my Wendy house  - priceless  

Edited by Mongoose!