Cheap & Quality Running Shoes

JM Rides Bikes

7 minutes ago, sirmoun10goat said:

I am aware of the 800km guide used by many people, but I know often exceed that. But then I also never really ran much more than 15km at a time.

Life has changed a bit and I now regularly run 20-25km.  What do you look out for in terms of determining when your shoes are done for? OP says his shoes are 2 years old. At 10km once a week, that’s over 1000km

Haha good math but only started picking up on the mileage recently and looking for an cost effective upgrade that will be worth the money.

not just buying a brand name because they are established like Nike or Adidas.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JeanneMichael du Plessis said:

Haha good math but only started picking up on the mileage recently and looking for an cost effective upgrade that will be worth the money.

not just buying a brand name because they are established like Nike or Adidas.

There is a good reason why most serious runners use the big brands.  You forgot Asics, last time I checked used by the far majority of runners in SA.

Just now, TheoG said:

There is a good reason why most serious runners use the big brands.  You forgot Asics, last time I checked used by the far majority of runners in SA.

I forgot them because I don't know what would be considered the best rank in the R1000 price range.

25 minutes ago, sirmoun10goat said:

I am aware of the 800km guide used by many people, but I know often exceed that. But then I also never really ran much more than 15km at a time.

Life has changed a bit and I now regularly run 20-25km.  What do you look out for in terms of determining when your shoes are done for? OP says his shoes are 2 years old. At 10km once a week, that’s over 1000km

Some pointers 

https://www.asics.com/gb/en-gb/asics-advice/changing-your-running-shoes-knowing-when-is-the-right-time.html

https://www.runnersneed.com/expert-advice/gear-guides/replace-running-shoes.html

1 hour ago, sirmoun10goat said:

Look the 800km is also relative. A 90kg runner will ruin shoes faster than a 50kg runner and different surfaces also have different affec. I honestly found that if you pick and choose and work around specials it does make life easier. Most of my shoes are bought on yellow ticket sales or onedayonly. Often I buy multiple of the same shoe. For example leading up to the last 100miler I had 4 pairs in rotation, 2 road and 2 trail. but it was only 2 models of shoe and one was the trail version of the other. That was also like 4 months with over 100km a week. Now I have 3 totally different brands, similar set up in terms of support and drop, but all name brands that were on special.

2 years on a pair of shoes????

What kind of milage are you doing? I'm lucky to get more than a year out of a pair

On 6/23/2022 at 3:45 PM, Jewbacca said:

The yellow ticket sale at Sportsman's Warehouse is currently on. 

They have shoes going for under 1000zar that cost twice that.

Go in, find the table with your sizes, try a few on and pay.

The end

Haha, before starting this thread I was not aware of the yellow ticket sale.

I ended up picking up a pair of adidas SuperNovas that were 2k and as you called it half the price.

https://runrepeat.com/adidas-supernova

Thanks for all t
he input everyone!

Great shoes at that price! Please report back on them. 

Edited by FDP