Road Bike recommendations Budget R180K

Sidmouth

Hi have been waiting since November with a deposit down on a new Colnago V3RS, I don't think Colnago knows what day of the week it is, March became April then May and now's its, we just don't know situation, could be 2023 or later.

any recommendations on a similar bike, I just cannot be another dude on a S-Works

Ideally Dura Ace 12 Speed wireless, Tubeless, 28 C tires, Disc and integrated cable, size large, preferably new or very new

Do you have anything or a suggestion, Budget R180K

Edited by Sidmouth

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the plunge and get the SL7.It really is an amazing bike.(I had the V3RS before and although been a great bike the relaxed head angle just didn’t work for me.)The SL7 just feels better in every way.

Madone SLR 

New madone will be launched this weekend but the SLR is one hell of a bike which fills all your needs at 140k 

Lots of pennies left for other upgrades, the bike is TDF ready

1 hour ago, stringbean said:

Take the plunge and get the SL7.It really is an amazing bike.(I had the V3RS before and although been a great bike the relaxed head angle just didn’t work for me.)The SL7 just feels better in every way.

in so many ways a Spec makes sense, If you do have an issue with these unique brands the warranty is such an issue,  you crack a spec and you will be on a new one within a week, and race proven. starting to lean towards it

8 minutes ago, Sidmouth said:

Im sure the Trek is a great bike, But that whole hunchback look does not do it for me, just so oversize, all the elegance has gone 

Emonda is then maybe the better one to go for ....and the carbon backup from Trek is also excellent 

1 minute ago, BaGearA said:

Emonda is then maybe the better one to go for ....and the carbon backup from Trek is also excellent 

Trek and Spec do have great back up service, in fact I think the only two in SA where your warranty actually means something, I just cannot get my head the humpback look, why could they not use straight tubes, nothing sexy in a trek at the moment,

8 minutes ago, Sidmouth said:

anyone know who the Basso agent is in SA

They closed up shop. I haven't heard of anyone taking it over.

From one Sid to another... Storck Aerfast 4. That frame is rapid and fairly light for an aero bike. I am biased but I love that thing. And it is within your budget. Tell them Dan sent you. Also if you don't like the green get it stripped and resprayed, can probably do it within your budget if you chat to them, or send me a message and I would be more than happy to help (I would appreciate the opportunity). 

https://cycling-friends.com/shop/storck-aerfast3/68-203-aerfast4-pro-disc-dura-ace-di2-2x12.html#/3-size-l

https://bikerumor.com/storck-aerfast4-aero-road-bike-pushes-uci-limits-plus-new-fascenario4-more/ 

storck-aerfast-4-2022-1-1-scaled.webp

Edited by Sid the Sloth
added some info and pic