Trek releases faster, lighter Madone SLR with IsoFlow technology

News bot

Trek launched the all-new Madone SLR today, topping off their performance bike line-up with their fastest road race bike ever. Seven generations in the making, the Madone SLR is the ultimate race bike, complete with never-before-seen IsoFlow technology, dramatic aerodynamic improvements and an all-new gram-shaving design.  This completely redesigned race bike will be ridden by […]

View full article

Having owned and loved my 2020 SLR Madone - i must say the logic makes sense in the new bike.

The IsoSpeed on the rear was a set and forget affair - I had mine set in the most compliant position both for riding and racing - and I loved how much the bike soaked up road noise. It felt like a jet fighter - above everything (the road), like the road was not even felt. It did give a bit of a muted ride feel but i loved it considering the state of JHB roads.

Hearing the IsoFlow is more like being set in the firmest position - i'd like to try one out. 

I expect it might feel harsher. But would also correct the subtile misbalance felt in the older bike. The front was firmer than the rear and could be felt no matter what setting the IsoSpeed was set to.

That said, i still absolutely love and miss my old Madone.

Its nice to see a frameset that looks different from the rest - there is no mistaking its a Trek. Most other aero bikes all somewhat look like they fell out the same mold. 

37 minutes ago, Furbz said:

Having owned and loved my 2020 SLR Madone - i must say the logic makes sense in the new bike.

The IsoSpeed on the rear was a set and forget affair - I had mine set in the most compliant position both for riding and racing - and I loved how much the bike soaked up road noise. It felt like a jet fighter - above everything (the road), like the road was not even felt. It did give a bit of a muted ride feel but i loved it considering the state of JHB roads.

Hearing the IsoFlow is more like being set in the firmest position - i'd like to try one out. 

I expect it might feel harsher. But would also correct the subtile misbalance felt in the older bike. The front was firmer than the rear and could be felt no matter what setting the IsoSpeed was set to.

That said, i still absolutely love and miss my old Madone.

Its nice to see a frameset that looks different from the rest - there is no mistaking its a Trek. Most other aero bikes all somewhat look like they fell out the same mold. 

Not having ridden top end bikes like these...the Trek is the only main brand really appealing to me.

9 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

i'm gong to wait for the 2025 faster lighter stiffer, more comfortabler Wahteva comes in deep metallic blue

Sounds fun

i do agree though, it would be interesting to go back in the years and total up the claimed % gains made for any manufacturer.

bets are over the last 15 years all bikes are 10463% faster than before 

10 minutes ago, Furbz said:

Sounds fun

i do agree though, it would be interesting to go back in the years and total up the claimed % gains made for any manufacturer.

bets are over the last 15 years all bikes are 10463% faster than before 

Ja... But I use isoslow technology... So it doesn't really help 

The "grey area factors" that our mere mortals don't have access to measure accurately, will always improve...

-aero

-stiffness

-comfort

-steering sharpness

- rolling resistance

all measured in "seconds faster " and %

on the other hand ..... is weight...easily measurable .....

This will be sugarcoated with marketing hype. ..."...at "x" speed ; "y" gradient  the aero advantage outbalance the weight"

Then some more marketing  BS from internet influencers GCN paid promotions and many more  ; internet jokers, with "real world tests". All of them have super human powers to ride at the same watts time and again and measure seconds differences 🤭 (but fun to watch if taken with a pinch of salt I admit)

This new Madone looks awesome and I would purely buy it on looks, As I did with my current Madone🙃

8 hours ago, Mamil said:

Ja... But I use isoslow technology... So it doesn't really help 

As wind resistance is not linear with velocity, iso-slow has been proven to be the most aero by far

Absolutely stunning bike. Most people will still not make podium......so why?????

But if you have the bucks and want the best bike on the planet then why not?

3 hours ago, AndreJvVZA said:

Absolutely stunning bike. Most people will still not make podium......so why?????

But if you have the bucks and want the best bike on the planet then why not?

“Best bike on the planet…” wow that’s bold!

their marketing has already won 

On 7/2/2022 at 9:50 PM, Titleist said:

The new Madone is ugly.

It's growing on me. i think its the type of bike that looks better in the flesh.

i was not a fan of the older frame at all - but after riding it it was hard to dispute how good it was

1 hour ago, Furbz said:

It's growing on me. i think its the type of bike that looks better in the flesh.

i was not a fan of the older frame at all - but after riding it it was hard to dispute how good it was

or how heavy it is

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

or how heavy it is

i was happy to race it and never had issues - 68kg rider

The comfort of the bike well outweighed the extra weight - without a shadow of a doubt i was arriving at the end of races with more energy in the legs to help me get closer to the front.

my lightweight bikes(Look 586 and Ritte Ace both weighting 6.9kgs) always had me feeling slightly jaded near the end.

sure it never felt or reacted like a 6.9kg bike.

but i'd take it out over all others on any local course. it was just a better bike.

now i ride Parlee RZ7 - a bike that is all about comfort with aero and i love it. not super light, certainly lighter than the older madone, but its a lovely bike to ride.