Virgin Active Signs as Ride Joburg Title Sponsor

Matt

Faces Africa, the company behind the world’s second-largest timed cycling event, 947 Ride Joburg, are excited to announce Virgin Active as the race’s new title sponsor. The initial three-year deal sees the flagship event, along with its mountain bike and the children’s ride subsidiaries, become the Virgin Active 947 Ride Joburg. For event entrants, this […]

View full article

Pity it doesnt bring the entry fee's down, but probably increase the spam emails. 

Kudo's to them getting a new title sponsor none the less

@Matt check your website address for ridejoburg.co.za in your link

Virgin Active how about using some of the budget to actually replace the utterly destroyed and second hand machines and equipment in your gyms rather than sponsoring a race? Seems like a better use of resources to a paying member of one of your clubs

Good on them, no small feat to sign a title deal like and partner with other events as part of an integrated strategy. 

Specially when taking into account that Advendurance/Faces took ownership of the event right in the middle of a pandemic and restrictions that screwed the events industry into a hole. Obviously not beyond reproach and no doubt there will be valid critique as well as reactive whining. But on the whole, a positive step forward that should hopefully see a trickle down effect for others.

On 7/5/2022 at 6:43 PM, thebob said:

Virgin Active how about using some of the budget to actually replace the utterly destroyed and second hand machines and equipment in your gyms rather than sponsoring a race? Seems like a better use of resources to a paying member of one of your clubs

Couldn't agree more. 2 years ago I joined Vitality to spinn and swim at a Virgin Active. The pool was nice but the spinn bikes were stuffed as in BB's shot.

This is great news! I'm glad for the Faces group... Keep in mind that during COVID these race organisers weathered a big storm, and Faces were bold enough to refund any canceled event in full. 

I will celebrate any sponsorship for them. Tough times past with some headwind ahead, this is good for the cycling and events industry. 

Cheers to a successful event!