9.19kg Scott Spark RC

esCape-ist

Looks like Dangerholm has done it again, with this amazing build. I will admit the paint job doesn't do it for me, and I am not convinced the custom made lockout lever that also operates the dropper post is such a great idea, but this is an unbelievable build. Would hate to know what that would cost locally. 

https://bikerumor.com/dangerholms-9-19-kg-scott-spark-rc-hypersonic-unveiled/

I'm a man and I can't stand how pink and blue define things. Blue is such an ugly, over used colour. School boy royal blue is everywhere. This very site is littered with it.

Navy is so English blazer snob.... 

The only blue worth it's salt is pastel powder blue, which society (men) has assigned to baby boys so they can graduate from there to a strong, less diluted blue when they go to school or play sport. 

Pink is rad. I had a pink bike for ages and still managed to pee standing up.....

7 minutes ago, Mattman said:

Riding with those aesthetics...people may think he borrowed parts from a little girl's bike...I'm sure it rides well though

pinky.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I'm a man and I can't stand how pink and blue define things. Blue is such an ugly, over used colour. School boy royal blue is everywhere. This very site is littered with it.

Navy is so English blazer snob.... 

The only blue worth it's salt is pastel powder blue, which society (men) has assigned to baby boys so they can graduate from there to a strong, less diluted blue when they go to school or play sport. 

Pink is rad. I had a pink bike for ages and still managed to pee standing up.....

pinky.jpg

I am probably just being colour blind, but that bike looks red. Anyway, I'm not put off by pink in general, and it has nothing to do with gender roles, I personally just don't like the paint job on this specific custom build.

In fact, I prefer bikes to have little or no paint on at all. Raw carbon, or brushed allu all the way. 

When you have those quads and build those bikes, no one questions a pink bike or hot pants.

That previous 8kg dual sus Scott was a bit less polarizing, but you don't have to like the new Scott build to see it is a machine with some epic details and as he discussed, slightly heavier but a few more modern features

The point is, little girls bikes, like the ones you find at Game, typically have lots of pink and shiny silver. It looks like this guys has combined those aesthetics with a traditionally upper end bike, with a primarily black frame, and in my opinion, it makes it look tacky and detracts from what is clearly an awesome machine. And I would probably say the same thing if it was another shocking colour instead of pink. 

12 minutes ago, Mattman said:

The point is, little girls bikes, like the ones you find at Game, typically have lots of pink and shiny silver. It looks like this guys has combined those aesthetics with a traditionally upper end bike, with a primarily black frame, and in my opinion, it makes it look tacky and detracts from what is clearly an awesome machine. And I would probably say the same thing if it was another shocking colour instead of pink. 

Cringe 😬

15 minutes ago, Mattman said:

its a shiny RS1 type fork... surely SC34 instead which weighs the same as well. Or is that too mainstream?

1 hour ago, Mattman said:

I think what makes it look so much like a cheapy little girls bike is the shape and colour of the front fork combined with the pink. The pink on its own is not that bad.