[Event] TOURVEST AFRICAN ICONS INVITATIONAL

BARBARA HOLCROFT

Event Name: TOURVEST AFRICAN ICONS INVITATIONAL
When: 14/09/2022 - 18/09/2022
Where: , Dullstroom, Mpumalanga
Category: Mountain Bike

The Tourvest African Icons Invitational 2022 Ride consists of four days of MTB riding in one of South Africa’s most beautiful towns, Dullstroom in Mpumalanga.

Nestled at 2100m above sea level, Dullstroom is a renowned fly-fishing destination, but equally attractive to many international sporting endurance teams looking to train at altitude. With breath-taking views and scenery for days, Dullstroom is a mountain biking paradise and will play host to the third edition of the Tourvest African Icons Invitational cycle stage event.

This Iconic tour will consist of four days of mountain biking, riding between 30 and 80 km each day, on mountainous jeep track, district roads and single-track in and around Dullstroom’s Dunkeld Equestrian Estate, our home for the four days – so you only unpack once! The routes are not technical but due to the altitude and distances, a reasonable level of fitness is required to complete what will be a truly remarkable four days of mountain biking. The event is planned such that we finish riding by lunchtime, leaving the afternoons for other pursuits like fly-fishing, golf, whiskey-tasting and bird-of-prey demonstrations; all within a few minutes’ drive or walk from our accommodation.

Your entry fee of only R 15,000 will include:

• Cycling kit and goodie bag to the value of R8,500
  • 4-nights accommodation at the Dunkeld Equestrian Estate
  • Catered breakfast, lunch, and dinner
  • Selected drinks
  • Wine Tasting Evening
  • Beer tasting event
  • Access to the estate’s facilities for various fun outdoor activities.

Go to Event Page.