2 weeks to go ...

ok - so just more than 2 weeks to go for the big one (for some of us!)

how do you train?

fast pace this saturday with some LSD on sunday (or OFM)?

normal training next week?

race next week end - vashumi OR bakwena (or both?) with some more LSD the other day?

take it easy the last week?

any intervals?

do you drop a KG or 2?

i always seem to start a race with sore legs & want to get this one just right!

Dead Didn't think about it in this way yet.  Only 2 weeks  Stern%20Smile How am I ever gonna get training...

I cycled to the West Coast Express from Hout Bay on Sunday, does that count as LSD?

Cycling there definitely helped, what a great 'warm-up'! Cycling home was cool as well after the intensity of racing.

I'm planning on getting in some big miles this week end, skip the race on Saturday...

Well my bout with stomach cramps and vomiting should help with losing those 2 extra kilos Unhappy. At least I feel a bit better today, but no riding for me this weekend. Will have to take it one day at a time (still feel like I waas hit by a bus)

Well my bout with stomach cramps and vomiting should help with losing those 2 extra kilos Unhappy. At least I feel a bit better today' date=' but no riding for me this weekend. Will have to take it one day at a time (still feel like I waas hit by a bus)[/quote']

Oh no MichH, not good time to get it, at least you should be fine by next weekend.

Dr Seuss, sounds to me like you always overdo it beforehand. rather do LSD a couple of intervals in the week and if your legs are tired just do a recovery ride. Whatever you do now will not help fitness but can make you tired. So rather less than moreBig%20smile

I'm planning some good long easy miles saturday and sunday. intervals next week. a short hard one saturday next weekend, LSD sunday and easy week.

Playing in the mud this weekend, doubt if I will go on the road. (gotta prepare for the 94.7 Mtb raceWink)

Next week will only be short sessions of about 60min in the evenings (weather permitting). Last week, I REST my weary legs.

This weekend is about getting the distance in the legs, with a moderate to high intenisty. Intervals during the week (4 days).

Then next week drop the duration and keep the intensity, 80 or so kms

on Saturday and only 50km on Sunday at close to race pace. Then 2 short

high intensity rides in the last week (Tues & Thurs), rest Fri, 30

- 40km race pace on Saturday.

Big%20smile

We doing part of the route this sunday we call it "rehearsal ride" at high intensity .... next week its intervals and the weekend will be our last 80k ride next week at intensity....the last week will a drop in duration etc.....

"DTThumbs%20Up"

I've decided to take 94.7 easy, this weekend I'm starting training for Ironman, so 94.7 is at the end of the 2 weeks, also called it quits for the Energade Series. My legs were sore quite a few times now, and rest didn't really help. So I'll start slowly training for IM and not gonna push anything at this stage.

weekend of 2 weeks before was shattered by a suba diving holiday with too much braai, roomys and rooiwyn Big%20smileBig%20smile. *

Today was hard spinning, tomorrow kyalami, wed easy gym, thurs hard spinning and cicuit. Friday is whiskey tasting Big%20smile *, saturday will be a club ride, maybe D group. sun rest.

last week I rest as much as possible- mon and wed spinning class. sat easy 30 minute warm up ride with a few minutes of high HR.

* The excuses are already in.

I am gonna do Hans Strydom as many times as I can till next week, but it seems that work will get in the way Cry

Can anyone confirm where exactly the finsh line is going to be? On the

R55 before you turn into the equestrian park, or will it be after a

right turn into the equestrian park's grounds?

(Sorry if this has already been discussed, but cant seem to find it on any thread)

Thanks in advance! Thumbs%20Up