Jump to content

Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024


pdasilva

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Justin2 said:

Can anyone tell me if you can still do a substitution tried looking and their website but it wasn’t very clear - to me have also emailed them and no response yet 

tks

R 400 at registration. I think online subs are clsoed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

 

AND .... each time you go around a bend in the route expect a new weather front ....

 

 

 

UHMMMM .... remind me again, why did I work for a decent starting time, and now dropping back 90 minutes for a charity ride ..... 😬  

You should be able to still ride in your seeded group even if you entered via Charity.

 

Unless of course you want to ride with the charity group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

You should be able to still ride in your seeded group even if you entered via Charity.

 

Unless of course you want to ride with the charity group.

 

I will watch this closely, for future knowledge.  The day may come where "I support" a charity, but want to do my own race.

 

 

Bit more of an emotional tie with the Pink Train charity.  So I will most certainly ride with them on Saturday morning, and then again on the Sunday world champs of fun rides.  They have a very active marketing team, so if I manage to get some nice promo-material for them it would be an absolute win-win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

The wind on Saturday past was so bad over Chapman's at times it was so strong I couldn't pedal into it. It was moving my bike around something fierce. Then it started raining for the last 30 km.

Whatever happens on the day, I'm ready. Just not heat. Please just not heat.

Ag, Robbie, wat is fout met 'n bietjie son?😎😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

 

I will watch this closely, for future knowledge.  The day may come where "I support" a charity, but want to do my own race.

 

 

Bit more of an emotional tie with the Pink Train charity.  So I will most certainly ride with them on Saturday morning, and then again on the Sunday world champs of fun rides.  They have a very active marketing team, so if I manage to get some nice promo-material for them it would be an absolute win-win.

Pull in with the SPCA. Join me? Think Jewbacca is also in our group. 

Edited by gemmerbal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

Pull in with the SPCA. Join me? Think Jewbacca is also in our group. 

 

At this stage is sound like we (all the charities) are all starting at the same time.

 

I most certainly want to meet the "big man on the small bike" :thumbup: 

 

 

@gemmerbal I have been "speaking" with you and @Jewbacca for so many years, will be good to finally meet you in person.

 

 

A good number of Hubbers have joined the Pink Train  (I❤️Boobies charity).  So we may get to meet even more Hubbers in the start shute.

 

 

 

 

@Matt we need some "Bike Hub" stickers to identify the clan ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

 

At this stage is sound like we (all the charities) are all starting at the same time.

 

I most certainly want to meet the "big man on the small bike" :thumbup: 

 

 

@gemmerbal I have been "speaking" with you and @Jewbacca for so many years, will be good to finally meet you in person.

 

 

A good number of Hubbers have joined the Pink Train  (I❤️Boobies charity).  So we may get to meet even more Hubbers in the start shute.

 

 

 

 

@Matt we need some "Bike Hub" stickers to identify the clan ....

I concur! I’m off at 8:24 or something, but im keen to put faces to some of the names on LeHub!

I’ll most probably be wearing my SPCA/Munga kit so you cant miss me I reckon. 

Edited by gemmerbal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

How many people normally start per group ?

Anything from 250 to 500.

Best to check racetech for exact numbers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

You should be able to still ride in your seeded group even if you entered via Charity.

 

Unless of course you want to ride with the charity group.

100%
that is what I am doing this year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

the year of the rain I dropped back 30 minutes or something like that, was amongst the best rides I had around the cape. Stronger than everyone around me so pulled them for a looooooong time before I peeled off to wait for my friend. After that it was Zone 1 / Zone 2 to the finish, even stopping for pictures and a toilet stop on Chappies before catching him again before suikers.

 

If you're not worried about your finish time its a great thing to do.

this is the way to do it. last couple years i've ridden with friends and had a wonderful time. its the 1 day you can enjoy that scenic route without all the regular issues.

we stop in kalk bay and noordhoek for coffee and smoke breaks (not me). i try hammer the climbs to get some efforts in, and wait at the top with my phone to capture the suffering.

part of me thinks i am wasting my seeding, but there are plenty races to race, this is a tour. starting 2 hours later than seeded, but the baking heat is outweighed by the gees and quality time with mates

Edited by RossTopher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Settings My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Help Logout