Brake pads for AVIS Juicy 7 - 2007

Guest Big H

I am ordering AVid Juicy 7 disks with 185mm rotors for the tandem. I also need to order spare disk pads. What type do I order. I see they sell 4 pairs of Sintered Gold pads for aprox R550--00. Would these work in our dry dusty conditions????

Tell me a bit more about brake pads and waht to do or not to do. What do you guys think about the Avid juicy 7's.

Thanx in advance.

Typo Typo Typo !!!!!!!!should be AVID, damn ,(^^@&^$@$*($^&@^$&@(!!!!!!!!!! AVIS is the place where the girls with the nice smiles work, o ja, they rent cars as well!!!!!!!!

There are rumours that the organic pads work better in the dry dusty conditions, the problem is they also get eaten up quite quickly. I use the XTR brakes and always use metal sintered pads, you can try get the Kool Stop metal sintered pads as well, they work very well in dry and wet conditions, I think in the dry the metal pads make a bit more noise but that shouldn't bother you.

The Avid Juicy 7's are one of the better value for money hydraulic braking systems and I heard nothing but good reports. I'll probably be looking at either these when I start building my dual susser or the Magura Marta SL's

Cannot comment on pads as I've got V's at the moment

Thanx for the replies. Dirt Rider I need your input please.

At what temperature do you sinter them Ven???? or can you do it in the microwave.????

Big H I am not a big braker and a set of pads last me easily for more than a year . But I have found that the Metal pads lasts longer and brakes better but I suppose they are more prone to heat buildup and like Titus said they can get very noisy !! I prefer the resin pads as I get a better feel when playing with the brakes from them and they are not as sudden as the Metal ones .

But when I really need to stop very fast I usually just fall of !

Mikrowel??? Have you got one big enough?

I suggest you find the longest steepest downhill and ride down it applying the brakes lightly all the way until you reach the bottom.

No decent downhill?s in your area, ok plan B..

Ride to Beira and back with the brakes lightly HEAVILY applied - they should be UNsintered by then?Wink

Sorry H I guess you will have to ask the metallurgical engineers how to sinter them, this ones not in my recipe book.

SwissVan2006-11-02 06:52:38

M hou nie daarvan as ons afval nie.... nie eers in sagte sand nie!!!!!!

www.chainreactioncycles.com only sell Fibrax in Sintered ASH975S, Semi Metallic ASH975 and Sintered and Goodridge in Sintered and Ceramic and Avid in Sintered Gold and Organic ..... does this mean compost on the pads??????

Whatever this means

LOL In Mozam he just to lie it down on the ground during the day for a few hours and they will be whatever you want them to be !

lightly ..........blikemmer!!!! hoe kry jy dit reg...... my screen is al vol strepe getrek wat ek nie kan afkry nie!!!!!!!

Sorry H I guess you will have to ask the metallurgical engineers how to sinter them' date=' this ones not in my recipe book.

[/quote']

What kan be wrong wif you gaais? Just adjust the left screw and the write screw until it is in de sinter.

What kan be wrong wif you gaais? Just adjust the left screw and the write screw until it is in de sinter.

LOL

Nee bliksem daai is die ergste deeltjie van V's 

No quick recipe for success here either

Demmit it was supposed to be an informative session regarding BRAKE PADS YOU CLOWNS!!!!!!!! now I am sitting here giggling and not getting any intelligent info!!!!!!!

Life on the Hub can be tuff, you can always ask Scotty for help...

> Beam me up Scotty, theres no intelligent life on here.

H - I will traai and give you an intelligent answer...

If you happie wiff the old brake pads

Order the same again

Wink