• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

summer rain showers as well....somethings in Ireland never change...

The weather was bizarre today and not great all week.

Today was thunderstorms in places, misty and humid here and then very pleasant this evening.

Today was thunderstorms in places, misty and humid here and then very pleasant this evening.

For a moment i thought you moved to Cape Town where we don't have seasons, just weather. :D

It was a nice little break between the cold fronts - Constantia Green Belts, Cork Oaks, Kirstenbosch Loop, then take away coffee & croissant at Rosas Bakery  :thumbup: . With an interesting crowd of 3 - Not often a Reign, a Trance and an Anthem go for a spin together, not with one of those S-bikes  :ph34r: (in the lead until it got stuck in one gear......ha ha......sorry Beattbox........your bike just took pity and forced you to wait for me! Again!  ;) )

post-17716-0-18086900-1592131077_thumb.jpg

It felt a little cold at 7am....ice was around 7 or 8mm thick on water. Thankfully the day did warm up ever so slightly....Very hazy over the Magalies this morning...all the veld fires....fires for warmth and general smog just hanging in the air down through the valley to Harties onwards...

post-12678-0-73019300-1592132290_thumb.jpg
post-12678-0-64109700-1592132309_thumb.jpg
post-12678-0-68055600-1592132380_thumb.jpg
post-12678-0-13282300-1592132399_thumb.jpg

thats sometimes par for the course....the multi seasons in a day can be normal...hailstones to sunshine to rain..

Took The Hulkbuster out for its first proper test yesterday.

post-131650-0-73980700-1592205540_thumb.jpeg

Went exploring some old disused mine dump access roads and pipelines in my area ('Capies have picturesque gravel passes, we have mine dumps, making lemonade and all that). Hit some toxic looking sludge-mud mine run-off that I thought was solid, managed to cover my shoes, kit and bike in gunk. Pretty sure I inhaled some cyanide. FUN!  If very nippy fun.

post-131650-0-81193700-1592205608_thumb.jpeg

Ran into two vagrants under the bridge, seemed friendly but I decided, randomly, that I could use a 5min VO2 max interval...

post-131650-0-22184900-1592205486_thumb.jpeg

Still loving this bike, can't believe the difference in comfort, grip and confidence. Having issues with the seatpost sliding into the frame when seated pedalling on bumpy surfaces. Tightened up the clamp to the point where I'm not comfortable doing it any more, might need to look at an assembly compound.

As icing on the cake, took my first ride with my daughter when I got home. She's finally built up enough confidence and skill to ride alongside me. Absolutely fantastic experience!

post-131650-0-42525100-1592205762_thumb.jpeg

Edited by TyronLab

My bike took me nowhere, not even the planned commute to work.

Sliced my knuckle open with an angle grinder yesterday, its not painful when its warmish, but when it gets cold it throbs, plus cant really bend the finger without splitting the wound open, so decided to give the commute a miss.

Next few days are predicted to be wet up here on the East Rand, so it may be a while before I ride again.

Took The Hulkbuster out for its first proper test yesterday.

attachicon.gif20200614_084815-01.jpeg

Went exploring some old disused mine dump access roads and pipelines in my area ('Capies have picturesque gravel passes, we have mine dumps, making lemonade and all that). Hit some toxic looking sludge-mud mine run-off that I thought was solid, managed to cover my shoes, kit and bike in gunk. Pretty sure I inhaled some cyanide. FUN! If very nippy fun.

attachicon.gif20200614_075854-01.jpeg

Ran into two vagrants under the bridge, seemed friendly but I decided, randomly, that I could use a 5min VO2 max interval...

attachicon.gif20200614_084746-01.jpeg

Still loving this bike, can't believe the difference in comfort, grip and confidence. Having issues with the seatpost sliding into the frame when seated pedalling on bumpy surfaces. Tightened up the clamp to the point where I'm not comfortable doing it any more, might need to look at an assembly compound.

As icing on the cake, took my first ride with my daughter when I got home. She's finally built up enough confidence and skill to do ride alongside me. Absolutely fantastic experience!

attachicon.gif20200614_084815-03.jpeg

Compound works well