• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

As icing on the cake, took my first ride with my daughter when I got home. She's finally built up enough confidence and skill to do ride alongside me. Absolutely fantastic experience!

attachicon.gif20200614_084815-03.jpeg

That last pic is PRICELESS !!!  :thumbup:   :clap:

This is the start of something very special for the two of you

Took The Hulkbuster out for its first proper test yesterday.

attachicon.gif20200614_084815-01.jpeg

Went exploring some old disused mine dump access roads and pipelines in my area ('Capies have picturesque gravel passes, we have mine dumps, making lemonade and all that). Hit some toxic looking sludge-mud mine run-off that I thought was solid, managed to cover my shoes, kit and bike in gunk. Pretty sure I inhaled some cyanide. FUN!  If very nippy fun.

attachicon.gif20200614_075854-01.jpeg

Ran into two vagrants under the bridge, seemed friendly but I decided, randomly, that I could use a 5min VO2 max interval...

attachicon.gif20200614_084746-01.jpeg

Still loving this bike, can't believe the difference in comfort, grip and confidence. Having issues with the seatpost sliding into the frame when seated pedalling on bumpy surfaces. Tightened up the clamp to the point where I'm not comfortable doing it any more, might need to look at an assembly compound.

As icing on the cake, took my first ride with my daughter when I got home. She's finally built up enough confidence and skill to do ride alongside me. Absolutely fantastic experience!

attachicon.gif20200614_084815-03.jpeg

find some carbon paste for that seatpost - according to the bag mine came in adds 1.5nm  of torque

My bike took me nowhere, not even the planned commute to work.

Sliced my knuckle open with an angle grinder yesterday, its not painful when its warmish, but when it gets cold it throbs, plus cant really bend the finger without splitting the wound open, so decided to give the commute a miss.

Next few days are predicted to be wet up here on the East Rand, so it may be a while before I ride again.

yoh, I am so anal about how I use my angle grinder - safety first.  I saw a guy cut 2 fingers off once.  Scarred me for life.  I even got a cordless one so that there is less to think about

That last pic is PRICELESS !!!  :thumbup:   :clap:

This is the start of something very special for the two of you

I'm hoping so! She's been riding alongside us during our daily walks with some success, but last week suddenly it "clicked". She's riding much harder, putting her feet on the top tube as her first trick, skidding the rear tyre, the works. Loving it!

Garden route green - I have lost interest in all bicycles on the planet apart from this one

I don't even blame you, its an absolute stunner! Daai bars is so breed soos wat paasnaweek lank is...

Baakens Valley, Port Elizabeth 

Very cool bike! Haven't seen many Metas in the wild (way too hardcore for our GP XC crowd), but one of my favourite hardcore hardtails. 

yoh, I am so anal about how I use my angle grinder - safety first.  I saw a guy cut 2 fingers off once.  Scarred me for life.  I even got a cordless one so that there is less to think about

the thing is, when I took the gaurd off I knew it was a bad idea, I still made extra sure which way the sparks were going to go, but for some reason the thought of my hand getting into the disc was not on my mind.

Lesson learnt. 

Garden route green - I have lost interest in all bicycles on the planet apart from this one

You can test that statement by just dropping any of your Colnagos at my place.......come to think of it, just tell me when to come to your place and pick one (I'm not greedy). ;)

Went for a lunchtime spin, mostly on green belts, a little cycle lane work along the beachfront .... while here we saw two very fit looking ladies running in the reserve area, we saw them later again and they showed us where to go to ride this section of trail ... little sandy, but nice and compact after the rains, twisty and tons of fun.

Not the best pics though.

post-5403-0-88004900-1592227945_thumb.jpeg

post-5403-0-62786500-1592227954_thumb.jpeg

You can test that statement by just dropping any of your Colnagos at my place.......come to think of it, just tell me when to come to your place and pick one (I'm not greedy). ;)

think your house has enough bicycles - the beauty of my Colnagos is that they are so over capitalised that I can't sell them

besides they seem happy in the herd

post-81229-0-83279400-1592234086_thumb.jpg

the thing is, when I took the gaurd off I knew it was a bad idea, I still made extra sure which way the sparks were going to go, but for some reason the thought of my hand getting into the disc was not on my mind.

Lesson learnt. 

Pitchas or it never happened