Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

1 hour ago, Pikey said:

Believe so, my Director told me it was -4 in Sheffield yesterday. One rude awakening coming up. Even more so as am going to Switzerland/  Zug the week I get back . Going to miss the sun sooooo much 😢😢😢 

a good part of SA is bound for the early 40's today. That's quite a hop from 40's to negative temps. I can only imagine the shock to the system.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Llandudno, WC

19E7C9AE-5BF3-4AED-AF23-B5CFE090019B.jpeg

I see that there was a fire there on Monday night.
We rode past on Tuesday morning and could still smell the smoke while the firefighters were sitting on the railing having some breakfast and enjoying that exact view.
Glad they got it under control!

14 hours ago, Pikey said:

......... and not running into a tiger 🐅 thankfully 😎

Heard this morning that (sadly) they had to shoot the tiger. So, now you only have to worry about the criminals again. Pity they can't shoot those so easily, they kill many more people than tigers.

Edited by DJR

17 hours ago, Pikey said:

Thoroughly enjoying the temps and dry gravel paths, loved my ride this morning whilst skipping the school run and not running into a tiger 🐅 thankfully 😎

Not looking forward to mud island Soon ☹️

A tiger ?
In Africa ?

a Tiger ? in Africa ? (Monty Python's The Meaning of Life movie ) | Monty  python, Monty python flying circus, Python

Edited by splat

59 minutes ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

Nice hot ride this morning.

0D4C8F07-F6B9-49BF-A288-1AD1DA87249C.jpeg

543AC9D3-FFA9-4555-9372-E8C666FB7F61.jpeg

CE478F3D-BBFE-4319-86AB-3ADE5B27145D.jpeg

Is that Thaba? If so, I've never seen it that green before.

18 hours ago, Pikey said:

That’s a brave ride in the current temps ....kudos dude . I need to harden up when I get back and keep pedalling. 

It is my first winter on this muddy island🏝️. Base layers, shoe covers and winter gloves makes the rides more pleasant. It also helps if there is a group waiting for you. Its very tempting to stay in bed on these cold mornings.

1 hour ago, TyronLab said:

Is that Thaba? If so, I've never seen it that green before.

It is Thaba, it’s looking great at the moment, honestly haven’t ridden there since they started with the estate. Some of the trails could do with some work after the rains, but other than that everything is in a great condition. 

3 hours ago, RudolphG said:

It is my first winter on this muddy island🏝️. Base layers, shoe covers and winter gloves makes the rides more pleasant. It also helps if there is a group waiting for you. Its very tempting to stay in bed on these cold mornings.

Winters are definitely tough to keep the faith and keep pedalling . I have taken to running in the past come February, as I just can’t do the cold anymore . 

Having people waiting is a massive draw card to getting out there. That’s what I need. I always ride solo in the uk and mostly solo in SA. 

The mud  is also a big factor and doesn’t play well with my need to clean my bike always . 

Summers are awesome though , can’t beat them . All 5 days 😂

2 hours ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

It is Thaba, it’s looking great at the moment, honestly haven’t ridden there since they started with the estate. Some of the trails could do with some work after the rains, but other than that everything is in a great condition. 

Rode Thaba last week , thought it was awesome . The new red route is a proper challenge, but really rewarding. Even though I was proper knackered , loved it👌