Speeds faster than 90km/h!

TallboyA

This morning while I was training I felt te rain hammering down against me, I thought by myself, I must be damn lucky I'm only doing 41km/h and not faster than 90.

It surely felt like I had some engine power between my legs and isn't cycling.

Ever thought how it would feel like if it is raining and you are doinghose speeds you doing going down that FAST downhill?

This morning while I was training I felt te rain hammering down against me' date=' I thought by myself, I must be damn lucky I'm only doing 41km/h and not faster than 90.

It surely felt like I had some engine power between my legs and isn't cycling.

Ever thought how it would feel like if it is raining and you are doinghose speeds you doing going down that FAST downhill?[/quote']

NOPE

that reminds me of descending down a mountain pass in the K2C, in rainy weather.

...but everyone knows I never descend faster than 50km/h Embarrassed

Its great fun.  Did a 60 km/h yesterday in the rain on a straight. Only problem being that my glasses fogs up on me.  Then I am a blind cyclistDead.

CVANC dont worry.  I once walked down a mountain pass.  To sissy to ride down it...Embarrassed

Guest colonel

On my Road bike Ive done 97km/h down the Outiniqua(sp?) pass.

We did 100km/h in the dry at the drop down to Mac Mac with the Tandem. In the wet..... never!!!!!!!!!!

TallboyA, I like the way you just slipped it in there that you were "ONLY doing 41km/h"... Should I be worried for when we next meet on a stretch of tar near you? Embarrassed

At the dry Shova on a tandem had an average speed down fields hill of 77.3 and a max of 91.6. Not sure that I would like to atempt that in the rain

Pantani, the only time that you need to worry is when you sit, you won't have any slip!

AND,

I am behind you, he he he.

Guest colonel

Windbreaker: Yes it was I did it on the 2005 ride and enjoyed the scenery on the 2006 ride on the way down. You do the ride????

Windbreaker: Yes it was I did it on the 2005 ride and enjoyed the scenery on the 2006 ride on the way down. You do the ride????

Yep, did the 2006 ride and that pass was the climax of the ride . Very, very, very fast but the road is still forgiving enough to allow you to enjoy the sensation and the scenery.

86km/hr down the Soutpansberg at 3am with only a weak moon and the white line to guide me.

It was 3 hours before it was light enough to check the Max speed on my computer.

However the interesing apart is going thru the tunnels at the bottom on the mountain. The term "focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel" takes on a whole new meaning when it's starlight you are focusing on.