Outsurance Bicycle cover. Interesting

DaSH82

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fockin' outsurance screwed me so many times it hurts to walk... Wont use them again...

My bike is already specified and insured with Outsurance.

Anyone know if it automatically qualifies for the benefits?

Fockin' outsurance screwed me so many times it hurts to walk... Wont use them again...

Phoned them once for a quotation, was R 700 more than Sanlam. Never even mentioned their name after that ! load of cr@p

Phoned them once for a quotation' date=' was R 700 more than Sanlam. Never even mentioned their name after that ! load of cr@p
[/quote']

Exactly! Fockin' b@stards! I stayed with them for 6 years, bout some new things, and shopped around for some quotes, and outsurance was more than double, and they wanted to up my existing premium, and then they fought with me about paying out my outbonus.

Phoned them once for a quotation' date=' was R 700 more than Sanlam. Never even mentioned their name after that ! load of cr@p
[/quote']

Exactly! Fockin' b@stards! I stayed with them for 6 years, bout some new things, and shopped around for some quotes, and outsurance was more than double, and they wanted to up my existing premium, and then they fought with me about paying out my outbonus.

Funny was when the guy asked me with such pleasure, how do you like that quote sir..   i like it up your butt, that's how.  They are a ripoff

Funny was when the guy asked me with such pleasure' date=' how do you like that quote sir..   i like it up your butt, that's how.  They are a ripoff
[/quote']

What I found weird was when I said something similar, the dude stopped being all false overly friendlyConfused

Funny was when the guy asked me with such pleasure' date=' how do you like that quote sir..   i like it up your butt, that's how.  They are a ripoff
[/quote']

What I found weird was when I said something similar, the dude stopped being all false overly friendlyConfused

just slightly less sugarcoated i presume..

I got a quote from Outsurance and they were R150 per month more than Cyclesure

Zigakly! And cyclesure are tried and tested in this area!

[/quote']

just slightly less sugarcoated i presume..

Ya. I always check that they definitely are recording my conversation, then I let them know how I really feelWink

Well one lesson I have had to learn the hard way is don't take it for granted that if you insure your bike for X amount that's what you will get out.

It's either under or over ' date='but never correctly insured. Loves how the assessor always comes up with a hundred and ten reasons not to pay you out the full amount and actually manages to look as if it's hurting him to give you the bad news.

[/quote']

Sounds like Willie Frey from Cyclesure.  He'll nail and screw you every which way possible.  During my last accident I was kakked on because I was riding at 16:40.  I think Willie does HUGE damage to Cyclesure's trade.

Well one lesson I have had to learn the hard way is don't take it for granted that if you insure your bike for X amount that's what you will get out.

It's either under or over ' date='but never correctly insured. Loves how the assessor always comes up with a hundred and ten reasons not to pay you out the full amount and actually manages to look as if it's hurting him to give you the bad news.

[/quote']

Sounds like Willie Frey from Cyclesure.  He'll nail and screw you every which way possible.  During my last accident I was kakked on because I was riding at 16:40.  I think Willie does HUGE damage to Cyclesure's trade.

How else would you get home from work?

[/quote']

How else would you get home from work?

According to him not by bicycle!!!  Let me give you some background.  First claim, hijacking.  He was kicking up big dust cloud because I was out riding my bike at 04:45. 

Second one he moaned because I didn't put my bike in my car, even though it was locked on the bikerack, slot en al!!  He came to have a look at my lock, etc and had a fit about that as well, not big enough, secure enough, etc etc.  Alos got asked why I rode in rainy weather during the weekend.  Shouldn't I be spending the time with my family.

Then the accident.  Why did I ride at that time of the day?  Why did I ride a Colnago?  Then he tried to replace my Colnago Ti frame with some or the other piece of CRAP made in China.  Then he came with the whole underinsured story.  According to him the value of the bike should be updated when the excahnge rate changes, and EVERY time the rate changes (Colnago does not have a local supplier).  Finally he told me I was lying about the accident (not in as many words though) as my injuries were clearly much less serious than it should've been when looking at the bike!

Honestly, the oke is a joke.  Probably some "wannabe cop" who now has the oppurtunity to harass people, and he succeeds as I, the client, really want my money to get my bike again.

i used to be with outsurance purely because they would insure a very low sum insured in a cottage on a property. as soon as i moved into my house and got all my stuff back form my folks i changed because i got cheaper and better cover through cyclsure. mr frey is still gonna fry himself one day. he cliamed i staged my burglary and that i came home and let someone in to get my stuff (jewellery in a box that my sister had painted for me... now why would i "stage" something where something HIGHLY sentimental of little value also gets taken??? huh???) and hten went backt o work. this despite an office security system that i could not have bypassed showed i was in the office 6 floors above ground level in front of about 20 witnesses. but given half a chance i'll nail this bastard in a court of law. such a pity that he didn't put his accusations in writing or i would've had him in court. at least fred from cyclsure apologised.