Cyclist of the year award

Daisy

Couple of the nominees of the Woman's cyclist of the year does not make sense!

It is not just Yolandi that's missing but also Arien and Ronel that maybe could have been nominated instead!

Crux - again with the personal feelings towards PRINCESS, just because she can kick YOUR ARSE. sad little man.

yes yolandi should of been added to that list, and GRAPKAS. and the list can go on and on. Cherise or Lynette will end up with the honours as deserved.

Arien has been nominated in the Most Promising category.  Ronel has only won 1 race this year ( so far). but will be back with avengence next year to show her best.

Anriette  - SA Road Champ

Lynette - OFM, Telkom Winner

Marissa - Race For Victory Winner

Chrissie - Jock, Amashova Winner

Cassandra - SA TT Champ

Cherise - Awesome Junior Rider, Top 10 In Worlds

Elsa - Vet Champ, Prev World Champ

All good riders, Yolandi, Anke And Ronel should be added to make it a 10 lady list.

Anriette- Argus, Knysa

Marissa- Tour de Durban, Tour de Lesotho

Cherise, Just an awsome rider for her age.

Cashandra- Dome to Dome, vet riding away for most of the elites.

Will keep my fingers cross for all of you.

so i was at the cgc awards last night good to see how well Central Gauteng has done.

Well done to those of  you who got provincial colours what an honour.ClapClapClapClap

tell me why is there no track cylist awards at the Cyclist of the year awards, surely  if a tri athlete can be on the menu then surely one or two of our trackies could be there too!

I could make a good few suggestions for them if they are at a lack of ideas as to who should get this award.

TRACK CYCLIST OF THE YEAR - MEN

Dean Edwards

Garth thomas

Morne Blignaut

Most Promising -Men

Michael Thompson

Gadi Chait
There are few guys from the Cape that could also claim ths oneSorry don't know their names maybe you guys can help.

TRACK CYCLIST OF THE YEAR - LADIES

Annerine Wenhold

Carla Rabie

Anel Wasserman

Victoria Myburg

the young lady from North West????

MOST Promising

Kym Evans

Joanne van der Westhuizen

Caitlyn(KZN)

Sad but true most of the people you see on the list above also train everyday of their lives just as hard as the roadies and when it comes down to the wire they get nothing is that fair?

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK??????????????????????????????

Crux - again with the personal feelings towards PRINCESS' date=' just because she can kick YOUR ARSE. sad little man. [/quote'] Dear Amused,

You are missing the plot totally here and are miles off course...

If you'd have met me, you would know that I am most certainly NOT Little!!!!

And if Princess would like to kick my arse...

well, she'd have to train a little bit more, cause I have a HUGE ARSE

Guest colonel

I ve read about your ass on the back of public toilet doors..........

Totally agree felt!

There is track cycling in the cape and here up north.  They can certainly take part of the awards, BUT do they not have their own type of awards thing!

The lady from the North West is Elzette Visagie (how ever her name is spelt).

I KNOW THERE ARE A COUPLE OF OTHERS THAT COULD BE NOMINATED FOR TRACK CYCLIST BUT LOOK AT THE INTERNATIONAL RECORD OF MORNE AND DEAN, WHO BEATS THAT!

Just a pity about Morne's krap attitude. Dean did well. Felt why don't you take your request up with Tony Harding who is behind the planning of the event?

We are trying to promote Track cycling and feel it is discrimination that nobody was even nominated.Angry 

Track bikes do have weels, gears, saddles and riders and fall under the rules and regulations of CSA  AND THE UCI (Just some information for the individuals that don't know IT!)

Thanks to all the loyal track cyclist that are helping to keep it alive!!!!Wink

Come on Tony, back to the drawing board!

WELL I TELL YOU WHAT IF I HAD HIS DETAILS I WOULD TAKE IT UP WITH HIM, PITY HIS NEVER IN THE COUNTRY.

HE MAD HUGE PROMISES TO TRACK CYCLISTS AT LAST YEARS SA CHAMPS AND NEVER PRODUCED THE GOODS.

POLITICS THEY CALL IT IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN.

THERE ARE MORE THAN A HANDFUL OF TRACKIES THAT NEED RECOGINTION.

HOPEFULLY WHEN THE WORLD B CUP COMES TO TOWN NEXT YEAR, THEY GONNA PUT TRACKIES ON THE TRACK AND ROADIES ON THE ROAD.

WHATS FAIR IS FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Felt you got a good point. I spoke to Tony earlier, so he is the country. You guys need to remember that the cyclist of the year awards got nothing to do with CSA. It is independently organized by Cyclingnews.co.za. How riders get nominated is that Cyclingnews sends out a request to all the journalists and the journalist then forward their nominations to Tony/Wynand. The person with the most votes wins. Simply as that. I honestly think if the trackies want to be a part of the awards then take it up with Tony and Wynand. Phone the Cyclingnews office on 011 958 1004!