94.7 tv coverage

Old Dog

Confused

It has become obvious that opinions on the content of Andrew?s commentary are very much dependant on the team that you support (much like the commentary!)<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Great if a MS supporter, lots missing if a KM or TBL supporter!

Fortunately Phil and Paul mostly neutralised the skewed reporting by commenting on the race as it was. Andrew should ask himself how many times he excused Nic and Daniel for sacrificing themselves for the team, even after both were long gone, (at least 10) then how many times mentioned how Cox and Perry were sacrificing themselves for their team, with the latter was being by far the most apparent (not once that I re-call)! And that?s just one small instance.

And I totally disagree with Andrews comments that MS had all the work to do ? they should have been sitting quite comfortable with 2 good domestiques in place and 2 sprinters ? TBL were the ones with it all to do ? 3 of them without a sprinter, Paul several times commented that the only way TBL could win was for one of them to get away - they tried it numerous times but MS had the numbers to chase them down each time ? what happened in the end was that MS just weren?t strong enough to cover all TBL?s attacks and tired themselves trying. Perry went for a too early final dash up the last hill and blew, Cox just didn?t have enough left to give a tired looking Cardenas (TBL?s designated sprinter for the day) the leadout he needed, leaving the door open for the youngsters Velitts and Kachelhoffer.

And I am not criticising the  MS guys in any way, just trying to get over a point of proportional reporting.   

In retrospect, its not unique, after listening to the SA-Ireland rugby commentary last week that Paddy also got right up my nose with his selective reporting! 

But, to repeat myself, the video was good; it was great to see live coverage on tv.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only saw bits and pieces in the afternoon edition as I was busy with other things, but to me it was dead boring coverage.

I dont see any excitment in watching the elites race, the bunch is usually only half a dozen strong at the sprint and the rest are somewhere miles back down the road - whats so exciting about watching that?

If it was a bunch of 50 or 60 sprinting for the line - hey sure - 5 or 6 - uninteresting.!

I furthermore find the interviews with riders to be almost from the same sheet - good heavens man - think of some new challenging questions.

In my opinion, as far as SA races go, I would far prefer to watch Mom and Pop pulling up the rear with a smile, a happy face and an original comment - but sadly, we seldom get much of this.  

I wanna try and get it on DVD - it's currently on VHS (old style)

Hey shammy - can we (me and the Photo Fairy aka da wife) trade you the original picture posted on the HUB for a copy of the race video on DVD? (advert) I think we may have one or two more of you (/advert)

Buddah, I'll lend you the tape then you can watch it all in slow time then you will have to agree!!!!

Widget - I take it that you are an enthusiastic cyclist and not necessarily a cycling enthusiast - everyone to their own thing - I just love to watch a good battle fought over an hour or more, which Sundays race was, and am glad it didn't end up in a bunch sprint where often the best riders don't win, or even feature!

Widget - I take it that you are an enthusiastic cyclist and not necessarily a cycling enthusiast - everyone to their own thing -

Yes, sure old dog - I agree, its just not "my thing".