shaunh

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20080908_013919_sammo.jpg

See' date=' no wide angle lense needed!!![/quote']

Still say good things happen to good people..............  WW hope you enjoyed your decadent weekend in the CLK.  You are one of the most gorgeous women I know and you have a personality bigger than your person

20080906_054218_pic8.jpg

The two Fat ou's. The driver & the photographer. Thanks Sammo great pics.

Great Pic....Thanx for asking my Tandem PArtner on the UPHILLOuchOuch to take this AMAZING PIC!!!!OuchOuchTongueWinkDeadCryCryLOLLOL

Thanx for a GREAT RIDE to EVERYONE INVOLVED....... THE BEER at the Finn was THE BEST!!!!Big%20smileBig%20smile Thanx........ only thing is...... MY ASS IS STILL HURTING....CryCryDeadCryCryEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

20080906_054218_pic8.jpg

The two Fat ou's. The driver & the photographer. Thanks Sammo great pics.

Great Pic....Thanx for asking my Tandem PArtner on the UPHILLOuchOuch to take this AMAZING PIC!!!!OuchOuchTongueWinkDeadCryCryLOLLOL

Thanx for a GREAT RIDE to EVERYONE INVOLVED....... THE BEER at the Finn was THE BEST!!!!Big%20smileBig%20smile Thanx........ only thing is...... MY ASS IS STILL HURTING....CryCryDeadCryCryEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

SH*T I look like a bouncerShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

Man now the pressure is on to organise something like this in Port Elizabeth.Big%20smile That looks like everyone had a great time.

Well done to WW on the CLK lucky drawClap hope you had a fun weekend.

Well done to all those who co-ordinated the ride and venue. AWESOME

Ok, OK....now that my fun has been removed from me I can give you a report.....boy I'm going to miss that car. Cruzer...you aren't allowed to read thisWinkEmbarrassed

So Saturday morning I pitch at BrokeSpokes place to cycle with him through to the hub ride. It was a slightly chilly morning and a little windy but reaching the meeting place the vibe was buzzing and everyones hearts were warm!!

After a brief welcome and what's happening speach from the loud mouth Samma....we head out behind the CLK....forming quite a nice train in the road.

The ride was VERY social, very easy going and a few sprints up a few hills just made my dayBig%20smile Thanks Wolfie for the birthday present....loved the hillThumbs%20Up

We had a sprint finish on the last hill back to the dealership which I kindly started and was then very quickly killed by Zaskar and a another bunch of boytjies....but it was a great ride....good fun...good people....good organisation ....and safe!!!

Thanks to all the organisers and everyone who willingly gave their time and energy...Clap I hope you guys got the fund raising and dog food you were hoping for!!

I sooo wanted to get home and tell the hubby I'd decided to buy the car and see his face but when I arrive home..the in-laws are there and the way things ended up I just had to tell the truth....I'm unfortunately a pathetic lierEmbarrassed

After some debates we decided to go to Dullstroom for Pancakes. Leaving around 3pm we head out toward Middelburg.....needless to say we had to really try this car out. She certainly hugs the road and corners like she is on rails.....WOW....I'm impressed. I was behind a BMW sitting at about 180km/h and decided to see what this baby could do, putting foot flat she left that BMW in her dust like it was looking for parking Clap and that was with the hood down!!!

We never quite made it all the way to Dullstroom but she was great fun on the open road.

Sunday was another early morning...now, how was I to fit a MTB into this car....blanket in the back, MTB back wheel off, front wheel don't come off (scalpel) Upside down she fits in with roof down....hmmm....was a bit chillies to drive like that at that time but ....oh those seat warmers are really coolThumbs%20Up

I head out towards Magaliesburg way and after a chilly ride we head off onto some sand roadsErmmConfused Sorry Cruzer....she's now full of dustEmbarrassed But she handles beautifully on those roads as well.

The MTB ride was good fun....Thanks HR and Nancy DrewBig%20smile I did end up two hours late for lunch at my parents but hey I was in a fast car....Damn...only helps if the traffic isn't so badDisapprove But in that car who cares...sit back, relax, put the music up and cruise!!!!

My gran was lucky enough to get chauffered home in the beaut and then it was Monday alreadyCry

So conclusions....the amount of research and engineering that went into that car....explains the price.

No matter whether you're flying or cruising...she is sooo smooth and sooo comfy.....really is a luxury car and sports car all in one.

I really didn't expect her to perform so well at 180km/h+....WOWShocked

You do get treated differently driving a car like that and you feel different in a car like thatHeart

If I had a car like that I'd just forever be paying fines!!

And lastly....it really was a surprise and for me it was a great thing to have the chance to try a car like that out because it is VERY unlikely I'll ever be able to own oneEmbarrassed

O you know have all the guys droooooling. Shame on you! Nah, just kidding. Glad you enjoyed it!

BTW: Thx for the attack on the last hill. I couldn't let a lady simply beat us all on the hill. We have our egos end pride to protect you know.

Psssst...Do not tell anyone but of the hill was any longer, you probably would have passed me, but that will be our secret.

should I post this one for you? LOL

What dash is that PB ?

Also a CLK, just the bigger brother, 500.

I have to agree with everything WW had to say about the car. We also had the roof down early hours of the morning (could hear the exhaust better), and the heated seats do the job. The one thing WW didn't have to do was to fill up the tank before giving it back.LOL

Also a CLK' date=' just the bigger brother, 500.

I have to agree with everything WW had to say about the car. We also had the roof down early hours of the morning (could hear the exhaust better), and the heated seats do the job. The one thing WW didn't have to do was to fill up the tank before giving it back.LOL
[/quote']

Only see this now - 23:53.  Doing that at night, are you crazy ? Shocked LOL

O you know have all the guys droooooling. Shame on you! Nah' date=' just kidding. Glad you enjoyed it!

BTW: Thx for the attack on the last hill. I couldn't let a lady simply beat us all on the hill. We have our egos end pride to protect you know.

Psssst...Do not tell anyone but of the hill was any longer, you probably would have passed me, but that will be our secret. [/quote']

My problem was I started the sprint and the damn gears would go into big chain so i had to spin up thereEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Just as well I overtook a few people again TongueTongue

Don't worry, it'll be our secret!! Was fun though!!!