Cyclist of the year

Brutal

Maybe to some people it is. You we can all argue here but Malcom has made a very good living for himself and his family and not gone over to Europe and followed the Drug culture that is in European cycling. And please dont tell me they all clean cause I will shoot myself.

Colonel... They are all clean. Wink

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's cool them speaking Afrikaans! Rather that then sounding like a pophol, and we all know the Vaalies are just a little more Afrikaans than then rest of South Africa, so good 4 you's!ClapThumbs%20Up

Fair another' date=' a win is a win. But a win in Europe is not the same as a win in SA. So would you say to win the Paris-Roubaix is the same as to winning 94.7??Wacko[/quote']

I would gladly take either win.

And if I could just finish PR that would be the sporting highlight of my life,

ouch - cobbled roads - ouch.

Just checking!!!! Hi Hi!!

Well done Marissa en veral Cherise!!!! Ook geluk aan Rob & David!!!!

Common Grapkas, you could be a bit more controversial than that.

If Basso can speak Italian, she can speak afrikaans....

Agree with Snah2.  She has to do it in proper Afrikaans!!!

Colonel.....still waiting for that shot to go off........http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/DirtDOG.gif

Yes it is the same girl of the 94.7. She only spoke Afrikaans winning the award last year two. How did she get by in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Europe......? Sorry there are times that to "praat die taal" and there are times that you at least try and speak English. Even the European riders try no matter how bad they do.

Marissa I have the greatest respect for you speaking in Afrikaans, just show it is still alive .When Pierre Spies received his awards at rugby functions this year,he spoke Afrikaans. Cyclemania is one of those people that can only voice his opinion under another name. Wonder how you will speak infront of people in your 2nd language .

Brutal.... there are loads of people who know who I am. I am very happy to speak to people in my 2nd language.  Funny how your profile also don't show your name.

Username:Brutal
Group:Rookie Rookie

Account Status:Active
Online Status:Offline
Find Posts:Search%20for%20other%20posts%20by Brutal

Information

Communicate

Date of Birth:Not Given
Homepage:Not Given
Interests:Not Given

Private Message:Send%20Private%20Message
Buddy List:Add%20to%20Buddy%20List
Email Address:Private
MSN Messenger:Not Given
AIM Address:Not Given
Yahoo Messenger:Not Given
ICQ Number:Not Given
Skype Name:Not Given

By the way my name is Adriaan!

Marissa I have the greatest respect for you speaking in Afrikaans' date=' just show it is still alive .When Pierre Spies received his awards at rugby functions this year,he spoke Afrikaans. Cyclemania is one of those people that can only voice his opinion under another name. Wonder how you will speak infront of people in your 2nd language .[/quote']

Jammer om te sien daar is nog verkramptes in hierdie moderne tye.

Die Anglo-Boere oorlog is lankal verby.

Get a lifeCry

Afrikaans is a dying language

Jammer, kan nie hier saamstem nie!!! Afrikaans is eintlik besig om weer lewe te kry met al die nuwe SA kunstenaars, sang groepe en alledaagse mense wat trots is daarop. Marissa:ClapClap Dankie!

Dis meestal die engelse mense wat gewoonlik hieroor kla omdat hulle gewoonlik net een taal magtig is (stry!!). Ek bedoel...hoeveel keer hoor ons hier op die Hub. "uhm...translate please" of "why is everything always in afrikaans?" nuusflits - dit is eintlik baie selde dat ons iets in afrikaans kry. En ons afrikaanse mense kla nie daaroor as meeste goed in die land in engels gedoen word nie, maar die oomblik wat ons onsself in ons moedertaal wil uitdruk word daar gemoun dat ons dit anders moes doen.

VIVA AFRIKAANS!!!

At international events most athletes give interviews in english. often in bad english but at least they try and can be understood yb those people understanding english around the globe (have you guys ever heard an interview of that german football trainer ernst mittendrop in SA - buuuahaha). therefore, as the person to be interviewd it would be tactically clever to answer in english so more people can follow. just clever. no one has to. in a country with 11 official languages she could have chosen any other.

the argument that english is her second language has little weight. she probably grew up with english around her and especially now in her adult live english is everywhere and she surely speak english well enough to give an interview in english.

she's free to choose any language. but if i was her i'd had chosen english...

Nellie, ek like jou kwaai, sorry mag seker nie my afrikaans en engels meng nie. Praat nou die dag met een van ss se kamera manne, nie Abrey nie, toe se hy dat dit vir hom so lekker is as hulle die gesprek in Afrikaans kan afneem, almal neem net aan dit moet altyd in engels gedoen word.n Paar onderhoude met dames en mans het al in die middel van die gesprek van Engels oorgeslaan afrikaans toe.Rede, Jy dink in Afrikaans en wil Engels praat. Ek dink ons het meer Afrikaanse kunstenaars as Engelse in die land.

Ek is seker Marissa kan goed Engels praat. Dit is haar reg om haar moedertaal te praat as sy so verkies.

Dis waar die Anglo-Boere oorlog is lankal verby -

respekteer elke persoon se taal en keuse van gebruik daarvan.

As Lance Frans kon leer vir die Tour de France - hoekom moet die Afrikaner nie sy eie taal gebruik nie?