Officialdom and cheating

mallo

tried suing he many years ago ,buy my lawyers stuffed it up,he also had nothing,cant get water out of a stone

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bizarre how a topic and person like OB keeps everyone occupied..........

You think that once he gets to page 30 Nando's will contact him to make an add, Hey come try our Illegaly Hot and Spicy Nando's Chicken.

An interesting tendency has occured in SOuth African sport.  It seems that everyone (officials and participants) knows the rules, without even reading the rule book.

Had an interesting experience on a tour which was "conducted according to UCI rules".

First rule that was ignored was "stage races will be driven in team format"

Second rule ignored was about the lay out of start and finish line lay out,

after that it seemed that teh riders were treated as an optional extra by the race organisers.

Do yourself a favour, download the UCI rules from the UCI website and read them.  Then create a checklist of must common infringements by officials and race organisers.  It can become a exciting game of rating races by how many UCI rules they blatently ignore, like the 100/200 rider rules and the team size rule.  Great fun really.

Bizarre how a topic and person like OB keeps everyone occupied..........

You think that once he gets to page 30 Nando's will contact him to make an add' date=' Hey come try our Illegaly Hot and Spicy Nando's Chicken.
[/quote'] LOLLOLLOL

tried suing he many years ago ' date='buy my lawyers stuffed it up,he also had nothing,cant get water out of a stone[/quote'] Really sad Chucky. The sad part is that there are so many people like that out there and guess what, see it as an imvestment and watch your returns grow and I bet it will come back to you sevenfold! Wink

fandacious
Ultimate Hubber
Ultimate%20Hubber

Online Status: Online
Quote fandacious Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 3:23pm

Originally posted by MUNTU

OBI = ENIGMA

StarShockedSleepyOuchAngryClapDeadEmbarrassedConfusedLOLBig%20smileCrySmileTongueWinkCryCryCryCry

wtf do all those emoticons mean??!
Take your pick about how he makes you feel. Geddit??!

fandacious
Ultimate Hubber
Ultimate%20Hubber

Online Status: Online
Quote fandacious Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 3:23pm

Originally posted by MUNTU

OBI = ENIGMA

StarShockedSleepyOuchAngryClapDeadEmbarrassedConfusedLOLBig%20smileCrySmileTongueWinkCryCryCryCry

wtf do all those emoticons mean??!
Take your pick about how he makes you feel. Geddit??!
Fandacious you could be in deep poo! I think Anton may just be Muntu and he is trying to tell us something!!! Shocked

Fandacious you could be in deep poo! I think Anton may just be Muntu and he is trying to tell us something!!! Shocked

Trying to tell us he's confused...

From what I hear this oke is streets ahead and it has nothing to do with training hard.
Oi! To be fair' date=' OB does put in about 4-5 hours a day on the bike....[/quote']

i can agree with that because i ride most mornings with him

Trying to tell us he's confused...
Whew! I feel much safer now..................but then on the other hand Anton would never come to the Eastern Cape anyway would he? LOL Spud2008-09-16 02:08:15

It's perhaps a little off topic but OB also = lightest bike in the peloton smiley4.gif

He has...........it does not even have bar tape.....LOL

On a lighter note' date=' that Scott of his is beautiful, just needs bar tape and a good owner.
[/quote']

I am willing to bet money that that bike breaks the rules as well. That thing is definitely below the 6.8kg specification...

Well nobody weighs the bikes before a Vets race. Come to think of it, I haven't ever seen any bike weighing at any international or local Elite event I've covered in the past 18 years. Scott's new road bikes are under 6kgs. The guys at Scott think the UCI bike weight rules are outdated. So do I.

Interesting approach to rules, doping etc. If everyone does it, it is OK. If it is outdated, let's ignore it. Hell, why do we even bother with rules? Sometimes I wonder.

I am willing to bet money that that bike breaks the rules as well. That thing is definitely below the 6.8kg specification...

Agreed - I would not be surprized if it weighs in under 6kgs.

My position on this is that I would not lodge a complaint for a bike that is too light - on the flattish routes we race' date=' 500 grams wont make a big difference.

But somebody could lodge a complaint about this. What will happen then? Perhaps a disciplinary hearing & possible fine will be applied? Or stripping of his points? If we stick to the letter of the rule book, a bike under 6.8kgs is cheating.

[/quote']

Then you'll have to weigh everyone's bikes. I guarantee two things:

1. You'll find quite a few more than just one bike under 6.8kgs

2. You'll have to delay the race start somewhat

Read between the lines: Cheating is OK if it is inconvenient to prevent!! No wonder cyclists can be such scaly f*cks. I could get my bike under 6.8 if I wanted to, but I don't. Why? Because it is cheating, and CHEATING IS NOT OK! Not in my book, anyway. When I got dropped on Sunday, one of the okes with whom I was trying to chase back (I know who he is, also usually rides a bike which is well under 6.8kg) said 'let's use the cars'. No man! Let's not. If we aren't strong enough to stay in the group, well, train some more or get used to it.

Read between the lines: Cheating is OK if it is inconvenient to prevent!! No wonder cyclists can be such scaly f*cks. I could get my bike under 6.8 if I wanted to' date=' but I don't. Why? Because it is cheating, and CHEATING IS NOT OK! Not in my book, anyway. When I got dropped on Sunday, one of the okes with whom I was trying to chase back (I know who he is, also usually rides a bike which is well under 6.8kg) said 'let's use the cars'. No man! Let's not. If we aren't strong enough to stay in the group, well, train some more or get used to it.
[/quote']

ClapClapClapClapClap

Well said.

I've said it before.  If you have to cheat to be competitive in amateur vets racing in South Africa, then you should seek professional help (different to the professional help you are currently using).  There is no money, and there is no glory.  Just a little bit of respect from your peers.  If you cheat, you won't even get respect.