Food for Double Century

AuctionLamb

I had two peanut butter sandwiches, 5 bottles Octane, one PVM bar and two Gels and some wine gums. Could not eat the PVM bars so will use more gels next time.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had two peanut butter sandwiches' date=' 5 bottles Octane, one PVM bar and two Gels and some wine gums. Could not eat the PVM bars so will use more gels next time.[/quote']

hey dude, were u on our team??? Maverciks

I had the following:

2 x Cytomax, 1 x bottle water, 1 x Ham & Cheese Sarmi, 1 x can coke, Half PVM Enertg Bar, 3 x Gu and some Jelly Babies

2 litres of plain water, 12 gels, 3 bananas and 1 coke in 7,5 hrs worked fine for me. 3 beers immediately afterwards didn't touch sides.

What you gotta look at is the possible energy you are going to consume/use. If you have a Polar heart monitor you might be able to estimate energy expenditure for 100km. Take that and multiply X 2. So if you normally use +-3000cal for 100km 2000cal is what your glycogen stores might be so you would have to take at least 4000cal along for the ride of which according to the rule +-750ml of fluid / hour which can have some of the calories in say +- (For 6hr-7hr 200cal/bottle) = 1400cal in fluid therefore 2600cal in energy bars etc maybe a bit more just in case. Good Luck & Enjoy

Cool but this was in the past, just trying to see how many actually consumed all the crap they took with them.

Well I took enough stuff with me for the worst case scennario which would be 6hrs. So, yes, I didn't eat all my crap.

Well I took enough stuff with me for the worst case scennario which would be 6hrs. So' date=' yes, I didn't eat all my crap.

[/quote']

2 bottles and half a sarmie LOL

Well I took enough stuff with me for the worst case scennario which would be 6hrs. So' date=' yes, I didn't eat all my crap.

[/quote']

actually 2 bottles and 4 power gels.

The only PVM I ate was before Swellendam.  After that I could not eat anything that chewy while still managing taking on oxygen. 

I had at least 3 ripe bananas while riding - I'd recommend this for anyone that breathes heavily as they almost melt in your mouth and the skins are bio-degradable, so you're not littering when you chuck it awayThumbs%20Up.  Peeling them on the bike is also easy enough.

The final 60km the thought of solid food made me nauseous so it was just Coke and nothing else.  Worked very well.Big%20smile

[/quote']

Freek

[/quote']

Freek

Wait till you find out the one just had energade in. LOL

Best thing I could have done was pack some dry wors in. After 150km's, taking anything sweet was followed by chewing a bite of dry wors, and the salty taste was heaven...

I had two peanut butter sandwiches' date=' 5 bottles Octane, one PVM bar and two Gels and some wine gums. Could not eat the PVM bars so will use more gels next time.[/quote']

hey dude, were u on our team??? Maverciks

Yup I was on the Maverick team. Which one were you?

[/quote']

Freek

Wait till you find out the one just had energade in. LOL

Your worry me CVANC, you really worry me!  I have a number that you can call, the people there can help you, really!!

Bruce - the worst part is getting on the scale afterwards and seeing you weigh just 100grams ligther than you did before the DC.