Refilling CO2 bombs

chris414

Is it possible to refill the CO2 bombs that you buy in the shops yourself? or do you just have to buy new ones?

(and no, i dont get a lot of punctures:P I'm using CO2 bombs for a project and need to be able to refill them coz it gets somewhat expensive to buy them new all the time)

Cheers

Sounds like a bad idea to me, what kind of pressure do you need?

LOLBlow into one, close hole with press stick and presto. CO2 inside sealed(kinda) canisterLOL

Then I can't imagine a way to refill them.

You'll need a

more-pressure-the-better pump to get the gas into the canister and then some way of sealing the hole properly before the gas escapes. Since you're using them I'm sure you know how quickly they can empty, so all of this is easier said than done.

Find a wholesaler who'll give you a discount, even ask around on the hubSmile

What you up to by the way?

Sounds like a bad idea to me' date=' what kind of pressure do you need?

LOLBlow into one, close hole with press stick and presto. CO2 inside sealed(kinda) canisterLOL

[/quote']

never thought of that LOLLOL press stick do you think it will work ??? i just think with the pressure inside it will blow bubbles Wink maybe pratley quick set putty

Sounds like a bad idea to me' date=' what kind of pressure do you need?

[/quote']

never thought of that LOLLOL press stick do you think it will work ??? i just think with the pressure inside it will blow bubbles Wink maybe pratley quick set putty

Pratley is only for super strong lungsBig%20smile

You can refill them by using a bigger higher pressured Co2 cillinder and a pressure gage, get yourself a Lift regulator Screw it onto the Co2 cannister fill it with the higher pressured cillinder (WATCH THE PRESSURE GAGELOL) and close the regulator. It will cost you more if you have to have alot but if you want to re-use only 1 it will probably work. Dont try this if you're not afraid it might blow up in your faceSmile Mercx2008-09-19 07:57:31

You can refill them by using a bigger Co2 cillinder and a pressure gage' date=' get yourself a Lift regulator Screw it onto the Co2 cannister fill it with the higher pressured cillinder and close the regulator. It will cost you more if you have to have alot but if you want to re-use only 1 it will probably work. Dont try this if you're not afraid t might blow up in your faceSmile[/quote']

Sounds like my kinda funWacko

Not to hijack,  but have you ever thrown one of these things in a fire?

Trust me,  if you like blowing things up,  this will cure you very quickly.

Not to hijack' date='  but have you ever thrown one of these things in a fire?

Trust me,  if you like blowing things up,  this will cure you very quickly.
[/quote']

Guess who's braaing tonightBig%20smileWacko