supercycling

kori

My luck' date=' is that I met Owen before I started cycling, so I got to know him before I could hold a grudge for what he did. People do make mistakes and as far as I know, he did apologize. Many people have been caught for illegal substances, but are still around as their knowledge is useful. I always speak to him about riding techniques, different bike parts etc, and he is always helpful. As I said, I met him on a personal basis and he is down to earth. He's a normal chap, he rides a superbike as well, and we get along well. He did what he did, but in the end, he is giving back to the sport. From the feel of things, if you are caught doing something wrong, you must dissapear. Imagine the top 2 formula 1 teams being banned from everything, for the **** they caused, passing on car spec info. Teams cheating and slip streaming cars to get back to the bunch etc. These guys all made mistakes, get a fine or pulled over the coals, but in the end of the day, life goes on and we all make mistakesMaybe I am naive (sp?), maybe I like everyone I meet, but then again, this is my opinion.

[/quote']

I also met Owen, just before his whole incident. Went out on a training ride with the guys from Microsoft back then, himself and Adriaan De Beer (I think it was) were there for around 120k's chatted to them the whole way. since then bumped in to him a few times, always friendly, always willing to talk, could say less about many many others.

My take. you are welcome to your opinion, and so are others, if you don't like the programme, you don't have to. nor do you have to watch. if you don't like Owen or Arnie, then that is your opinion and you are welcome to it. Pickled2008-09-25 02:57:28

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cocaine' date=' you back on the bike or just fartassing on the Hub?! Road bike I mean...[/quote']

Trying to organise myself a road bike, so hopefully will be riding again soon Big%20smile

They need to have some fun with the show... they should try be a bit more like the guys on Top Gear... just have fun... If I watch supercycling I want to be entertained' date=' [/quote']

Am with you on that...

Imagine a celeb challenge to get around a course the fastest... hee hee I can just imagine some of the TV and radio personalities smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

They need to have some fun with the show... they should try be a bit more like the guys on Top Gear... just have fun... If I watch supercycling I want to be entertained' date=' [/quote']

Am with you on that...
Imagine a celeb challenge to get around a course the fastest... hee hee I can just imagine some of the TV and radio personalities smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

Or imagine them putting the presenters in some situations outside of their comfort zone... like put Andrew on a hardcore downhill course with a helmet camera and a microphone... that would be entertaining... or instead of the mundane comentating get some of the presenters from the other sports to come in and commentate on something... like imagine getting old Naas Botha in to try and talk us through a madison.. would be hilarious...

In my opinion the problem with Supercycling is they take themselves way to seriously... that and they rehash the same old boring tips over and over again (ie. how to ride in an echelon)... They need to have some fun with the show... they should try be a bit more like the guys on Top Gear... just have fun... If I watch supercycling I want to be entertained' date=' not just told the info in the same manor as the SABC News... I don't know about you but I'd love to see them clowning around a bit... taking the piss rather then always being so serious... after all cycling is supposed to be fun right?[/quote']

jip I agree ...and its not all that "entertaining"...makes me wonder why...is it because one of our (and I mean the whole of SA here) has one big national pass time activity called:  CRITISISM...we hardly ever have anything good to say about things...and I think these guys are trying so hard to "please" the general cycling public that they forget the "fun" aspect....

I guess I should not comment because I havent watched the show for probably more than 18 months, but the reason I stopped was because, in my opinion its aimed at the very young market, certainly under 25, I just couldnt relate to the content or format.

They need to have some fun with the show... they should try be a bit more like the guys on Top Gear... just have fun... If I watch supercycling I want to be entertained' date=' [/quote'] Am with you on that... Imagine a celeb challenge to get around a course the fastest... hee hee I can just imagine some of the TV and radio personalities smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

?

Or imagine them putting the presenters in some situations outside of their comfort zone... like put Andrew on a hardcore?downhill course with a helmet camera and a microphone... that would be entertaining... or instead of the mundane comentating get some of the presenters from the other sports to come in and commentate on something... like imagine getting old Naas Botha in to try and talk us through a madison.. would be hilarious...

Put a small camera on someone like Lange's bike and show what a pro sprint looks like...

I would love to hear the sound bites from a downhill like that though... Hee Hee hee

Jeff the Aussie tried to put some humour in' date=' but that did not go down so well. [/quote']

I didnt see the show Scotty, but I have to say in my opinion Jeffs humour is an "aquired taste".!Big%20smile

You could just flick over to Noleen on Three Talk! LOLLOLLOL

oh dear' date=' remember her interview with Lance Armstrong....one of the more embarrasing TV moments everDead
[/quote'] Damn! Missed that one.................any worse than her other daily embarresing moments? what did she do/say this time?

Astana, I agree with you and Porky. Just because it's the only show, doesn't mean we have to accept it. On the other hand, we do have a small say in what we want as the producer would like to improve the show.

Pickled, yes, we all do have our own opinion. On the other side of the coin, I believe content is more important than presenters. The majority of the show is about content. People will always have opinions about people and I think these presenters are here to stay for a while. What the producer would like to change is program format and content, so that you don't have to flip to another channel.

I am being serious about this, the producer does want info and feedback from you cyclists.

In my opinion the problem with Supercycling is they take themselves way to seriously... that and they rehash the same old boring tips over and over again (ie. how to ride in an echelon)... They need to have some fun with the show... they should try be a bit more like the guys on Top Gear... just have fun...

Yep, after I read your first sentence, Top Gear came to mind! I don't like to watch car shows or reviews, but those guys have real fun on the show.  (But then look at SA car shows like La't wiel on kyknet, the presenters are too scared to say something bad about the car, everything's NICE.)  

Am with you on that...

I think Riaan Cruywagen would kick @rse in his age group............whatever his age group is.......................

Would be great if they could ride and rate a local trail every week.

A bit of Top Gear fun would go down very well.

Jeff the Aussie tried to put some humour in' date=' but that did not go down so well. [/quote']

I didnt see the show Scotty, but I have to say in my opinion Jeffs humour is an "aquired taste".!Big%20smile

Must agree with you there Widget  Big%20smile not my type ........

You could just flick over to Noleen on Three Talk! LOLLOLLOL

oh dear' date=' remember her interview with Lance Armstrong....one of the more embarrasing TV moments everDead
[/quote'] Damn! Missed that one.................any worse than her other daily embarresing moments? what did she do/say this time?

they were talking about Lance's cancer...and at one point she asked him: "was your mother with you all the time?"

His response was:  "no she popped in when I was about 12"....