Blik desperately seeking...

Square-circles

All true facts Linnega.....

The problem lies in the fact that it is the law.  Steeling....raping......not wearing a helmet......breaking the law.

Another hole in your theory is that in SA you don't just fall to the ground and scrape your head.

A taxi or a BMW will go through you at 160km/h.......still thing a helmet wont help?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... if you forget your shoes... Do you still go ride in your flip flops or trainers that you drove in?

I think not.

I've seen that at a couple of races! Or guys riding in jeans! LOL

But yes, I grew up riding my bikes without a helmet. Motorbikes as well. And skateboards, rollerblades, snake boards, sand boards.. anything that could provide a bit of a rush and a lot of speed. I used to get concussed quite often. Dead

These days I'm not too keen on concussions, so I wear a helmet. If a rider decides to not wear a helmet it's his choice, and he may just remove himself from the gene pool accordingly.

Maybe he just forgot his helmet and decided to take a chance today?

So... if you forget your shoes... Do you still go ride in your flip flops or trainers that you drove in?

I think not.

Well, the first ever Argus I rode, we drove all the way from Springs to Cape Town, and the one guy discovered on the morning of the race that his cycling shoes are in his room in Springs... rode the race in sandals...

Maybe he just forgot his helmet and decided to take a chance today?

I think not.

Well' date=' the first ever Argus I rode, we drove all the way from Springs to Cape Town, and the one guy discovered on the morning of the race that his cycling shoes are in his room in Springs... rode the race in sandals...
[/quote']

Buddy of mine, same problem, used his fake crocks..

Perhaps' date=' like millions around the world, he simply chooses not to wear a helmet.  Or perhaps he knows that his chance of falling are extremely low, his chances of hitting his head are a fraction of that (and even lower because he is not wearing a helmet) and should all these eventualities come to pass, the chances of his helmet providing adequate protection is a fraction of that fraction.[/quote']

I wear mine because there is a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% percent of me falling and hurting my head. I on't have much to pritect, but what I've got it precious.

Exactly, and there's so many other factors as well. What if this guys the bread winner to a family of 10 (maybe he really hates wearing helmetsEmbarrassed)

I just can't find a good reason to go without a helmet

Perhaps' date=' like millions around the world, he simply chooses not to wear a helmet.  Or perhaps he knows that his chance of falling are extremely low, his chances of hitting his head are a fraction of that (and even lower because he is not wearing a helmet) and should all these eventualities come to pass, the chances of his helmet providing adequate protection is a fraction of that fraction.[/quote']

I wear mine because there is a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% percent of me falling and hurting my head. I on't have much to pritect, but what I've got it precious.

Exactly, and there's so many other factors as well. What if this guys the bread winner to a family of 10 (maybe he really hates wearing helmetsEmbarrassed)
I just can't find a good reason to go without a helmet

you sea, I carnt even sllep.

TIN OPENER

What is so uncool about wearing a helmet?  Not even peer pressure can get some people to wear that atrocious bit of plastic
Can anyone explain this to me?

Same as why folks don't wear condoms.

Everyone knows it's the best thing, even the right thing to do for protection; but nothing beats the feeling of au naturel.

Joe Low2008-10-14 01:30:56

While on my way to drop my son at school this morning' date=' I saw another driver not wearing a seatbelt. Shocked

[/quote']

Bet the driver wasn't wearing a helmet either.

Linnega, you certainly come across generally as intelligent and blessed with common sense....what happened, weren't wearing the helmet? smiley2.gif

you sea' date=' I carnt even sllep.

[/quote']

A helmets not gonna help that thoughLOL

Yes but @least I'm using the write lettuce so you can make out watt eyem saying.

you sea' date=' I carnt even sllep.

[/quote']

A helmets not gonna help that thoughLOL

Yes but @least I'm using the write lettuce so you can make out watt eyem saying.

Putting the screen at an angle helps with that, like shaving legs helps to ride faster

This is not a "cleaver" thing to sayConfused, your a moderator, you must set a standard and the answer to this topic should always be : because you just wear a helmet! full stopClap

Just saying - there should not be a option about this. Like wearing a seatbelt on the N1 - you just do it for that 0.000001% chanceWink

This is not a "cleaver" thing to sayConfused, your a moderator, you must set a standard and the answer to this topic should always be : because you just wear a helmet! full stopClap

Just saying - there should not be a option about this. Like wearing a seatbelt on the N1 - you just do it for that 0.000001% chanceWink

Actually its like wearing a helmet when you drive a car - which you don't do despite the fact that the chance of you being involved in a serious car accident is higher than a serious bike accident, and a helmet is more likely to provide some level of protection in a car than on a bicycle.

If I thought promoting the use of helmets was the right thing to do, I would.

Too true, no one wears a helmet thinking, "Today I'm gonna wipe out royally so I'd better wear my lid" The chances of a fall might be low, but we've got to be an example to the young kids who're still learning to ride. Ironically they never seem to wear helmets and they're falling the most.