Most sensitive topic for 2006

Canaris

What issue has raised ire the most in the last week?  

1. 1. What issue has raised ire the most in the last week?

• Maas and cyclists?
    • Cannondale bikes being good? (Cruxpearl)
    • Cervelo as a gay bike? (Dr Suess)
    • Campagnolo? (Big H)
    • Everything about women cyclists (Grapkas)

BigH: Best to just let it go' date=' forgive & forget ..............[/quote']

Nah guys keep it up!!! It's certainly entertaining!! Ding Ding Wink Round 7

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you guys want to throw in a helmet debate as well?

Simply put:

1. Campagnolo is better because I say so.

2. Merckx and Armstrong both used drugs - difference is in Merckx's time everybody was doing drugs.

3. Helmets are for sissies.

THE NEXT SALVO IS FIRED:

Campagnolo is art.

Campagnolo embodies the spirit and creativity that Tullio Campagnolo displayed when he invented the quick release skewer.

From the Eddy Merckx biography: (Eddy Merckx , the greatest cyclist of the 20th century by Rik Vanwalleghem).

Freddy Maertens & Walter Godefroot were in a car familiarising themselves with the course for the 1973 world championships in Montjuich, when a car containing Tullio Campagnolo came alongside.

Campagnolo asked who is going to win the world championship. Godefroot pointed to Maertens and said "This one".

Campagnolo said: "Oh God, no. Not him. He rides with Shimano parts".LOL

Gimondi, using Campagnolo parts, won that day.Big%20smile

Find out more about the wonderful world of Campagnolo by joining their fanclub.

More Campagnolo sites:

Tutto Campagnolo

Campag is made for softie Italians we good afrikaner ouens hou meer van die kwaliteit wat langer hou...shimano

I love this debate. The reason i run campy is purely because the levers and cranks look much better than shimano based on my opinion. My campy stuff is pretty old and i've never had a problem, but then neither have some of my friends who ride shimano, so whoopee.

Other than that my groupset does everything i ask of it. I push on the levers and my gears change, i push on the pedals and i go forward, and as an added bonus the bike stops when i pull on the break levers.

The only real race advantage i would imagine that Campy has over shimano is in a sprint situation, where upshifts can be made while still maintaining a tight grip with your hands in the drops.

Oh, and one more reason i ride Campy is because

CHICKS DIG IT:

http://www.campyonly.com/images/modbikes/2004/cl.jpg

Shimano does not need cheap vulgar advertisement to sell their products. Their high market share is founded on the sale of good quality components that work and last. Shimano only wear out due to operator incompetence. Same would happen to unattended Kempekkernoglia parts.

Happy to see you joined the fray, O great oracle who lives on top of the mountain!!!!!!!!

Oh, sorry Big H, didn't mean to offend with my picture. I hate to be

seen as one who discriminates. Heres a picture of the San Francisco

entry to the 05 gay games.

Aren't those shifters just divine.

20061215_004922_05_Cycling_GayG.jpg

My opinion is simple...I'll use anything that is functional and affordable!! The difference between Italian and Japanese is that Italians create works of art that can give you heaps of ****!! (i.e. Alfa, Ducati, Ferrari, Cimbali, Claudia, Isabella etc). The Japanese stuff looks like it's designed by a humourless Kraut but is reliable (i.e. Toyota, Suzuki). Either way ride what you can!!

My appologies to Dr Seuss, it is now official that le Mond (Owned by TREK) and Shimano are the prefered gay brands