Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Featuring Chris Chameleon and the bloke that looks like an undertaker in a Western, Rian Malan. Songwriter , journalist and in the eighties, political activist. Author of "My Traitor's Heart".

Malan was the man who found the story behind "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". As a result of his efforts Solomon Linda's family now receive 25 % of the royalties.

Edited by Blokman

Featuring Chris Chameleon and the bloke that looks like an undertaker in a Western, Rian Malan. Songwriter , journalist and in the eighties, political activist. Author of "My Traitor's Heart".

Malan was the man who found the story behind "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". As a result of his efforts Solomon Linda's family now receive 25 % of the royalties.

What a fantastic piece of music! Very talented people. 

Rus in vrede Piet Botha.

Goeienag Generaal was a song critical of the army and the government's role in Angola. Quite something if you consider that his father was the Minister of Foreign Affairs at the time.

In the 80's Botha saw a bloke with a ZZ Top cap in a Los Angeles laundromat. They started talking. He was a drummer wanting to be an actor. And so Billy Bob Thornton became a part of Jack Hammer in the US.

Edited by Blokman

Rus in vrede Piet Botha.

Goeienag Generaal was a song critical of the army and the government's role in Angola. Quite something if you consider that his father was the Minister of Foreign Affairs at the time.

In the 80's Botha saw a bloke with a ZZ Top cap in a Los Angeles laundromat. They started talking. He was a drummer wanting to be an actor. And so Billy Bob Thornton became a part of Jack Hammer in the US.

http://www.mahala.co.za/music/real-gypsy-band/

I'm a bit younger, so only saw him at Up the creek in the noughties.

What a rocker. Seemed like a really gentle man who commanded the ultimate respect of his fellow musos.