Shoes

Token

Just got a new pair of shoes last week,  and wanted to know if it affects bike setup at all.  In the pass havent had any problems but this time got really sore calf, so was wonderinf if anyone else has had to change a bike setup after changing shoes

Sometimes ur cleats make ur foot sit higher on the bike, therefore raise ur seat post, the converse is also possible, therefore lower the seatpost, that might be whats casuing the calf strain.... just my 2 cents

Just make sure the alignment on your cleats are correct as well... and that you have the same colour cleats (float).

Just make sure the alignment on your cleats are correct as well... and that you have the same colour cleats (float).

Yes, well picked up! Definately check that!

Token, I doubt that you would have had mtb shoes before, but when I upgraded from mtb shoes&cleats to roadie shoes with LOOK pedals, I had to lift my seat by almost 2cm to compensate for the much higher cleat and the difference in the pedal.

I do recommend the upgrade though.  It makes a big difference IMHOBig%20smile

also remember that with some shoes the positiong holes for the cleats are slightly different.

This could affect the cleat engages the pedal and where your foot falls over the pedal axle (the old plumb-line rule)

Unless you're pretty clued up/experienced I'd get a pro to have a look at your set up, especially with the height of your cleat now different - could affect saddle position and height.

My 2c worth

Token what make of shoes are they ?

I bought a pair of North Wave a few years ago and I got incredible knee pain and swelling in my right knee. Eventually I realised that the shoes were too wide and it was touching the crank arm and causing my foot and knee to become angled.

I sold them and the next guy had the same problem.

Well i just bought a pair of spealized Sworks 2007,  Had a pair of DMT ulitmax for 2 years, but the shoes where too narrow and had s many toe nails removed.  Im riding with time RXS Carbon pedals.  Now just seem to have sore calfs.

Foot widths, bridge heights, etc vary so much that some shoes just aren't made for some feet.

I currently ride with DMT's and I find them and Time shoes to be the best fit for me.

Still have all my toenails !

DMT and Time has the same sole.  Both manufactured by DMT.

and you have to sell yours to afford them.

I wonder what THESE babies are going to cost....

Magnesium soles.....

20061218_043535_Mag_Force_DMT.jpg

20061218_043602_Mag_Force_DMT_2.jpg

Imagine hou gool it will be at night if you put your foor on the tar. Nice rooster tail sparks.