MTB rocks!

Austin

I have recently started riding MTB and man oh man does it rock or what!!

I never knew how much fun it could be and have found millions of trails in and around my town of Heidelberg. It has even gone as far as me wanting to go "lend" some pallets to build little bridges over the streams here too.

Oh and I have gone onto Google Earth to zoom in on my aerea to search for hidden dirt tracks. And it worked! I have found so many and have had absolute fun going on a recce ride on them.

Dont get me wrong. I still love road cycling and the planning and tactics of racing and training( and it is my job), but will from now on tow my ol mtb along to where ever I find myself and search for new trails and fun places!

Had to share this fun experience....

There are a few of us around that are born and bred roadies discovering the joy of mountain biking and the absolute lack of pressure to hold on to the bunch when the heat is on.

Yes roadies there is light at the end of the tunnelThumbs%20Up

Austin, I did a few mtb rides / races on the army grounds just outside of heidelberg a few years ago (ok maybe a few x 3), you know the "koppies" by the shooting ranges, like u said plenty of great single and jeep track to ride on around there, not sure if you can ride on the military ground nowdays...?

Good to see more converts eh?

ye, you can- very early in the morning and very fast, making sure the okes on the Krieks dont catch you! Have at least found hordes more great singletrack in the area!

Welcome to the dirty side.  There is a lot of tracks round there, but I would not say that all of them are safe to go and cycle on.  Remember you pepperspray!

There are a few of us around that are born and bred roadies discovering the joy of mountain biking and the absolute lack of pressure to hold on to the bunch when the heat is on.

There is one absolute truth in Mtb, everyone gets dropped except the winner, it put everyone else on a very even footing.

Austin' date=' maybe you can get some of the team to try MTBing - one in particular just won't listen... [/quote']

Press release went out today. Four of the Exel guys will be giving mountain biking a go in 2007. That includes all the Drifter races and the Epic.