carbon fiber mtb h/bar ?

buckshot

i was wondering how many here use a carbon fiber mountain bike handle bar? I haven't used one before and was thinking of a oversized 1inch riser bar.

anyone got any scary stories of them cracking/breaking? maybe they've become stronger recently with better composite manufacturing but I've seen a couple go and i can't afford new front teeth...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont go carbon. Best MTB handlebar...Ritchey WCS!!

If you really must satisfy your carbon fetish, take a look a the specialized ones.

Rode some monkey lite SL's for 3 years. awesome bar. retired them cos I was afraid of snapping them. put on a BBB something or other and snapped it in a little incy crash.

The monkey sl's are awesome! Especially the newer ones. But if weight is the only reason you want to convert to carbon...dont.

ja im actually fingering them at the moment. they dont look too bad im sure i could get a little more life outta them.

If you dont see any structural damage go ahead. Unlike allloy I dont think carbon can weaken that much over time.

carbon risers.......

well just William Keith from Williams bike shop in Somerset west.

Like all things carbon fiber they tend to not like being compressed at all and if you do they break when hey feel like it, like a chemical workers union strike sort of..

why Riser bars at all? Youhaving some trouble finding a comfy position on the bike or is this a pimp my ride exercise?Wink

but also don't push it. handlebars should be exchanged from time to time!

Just like girlfriends!

Oh sorry wrong thread....Embarrassed

but also don't push it. handlebars should be exchanged from time to time!

Just like girlfriends!

Oh sorry wrong thread....Embarrassed

LOL

On a more serious note...i once broke a handle bar on my road bike while doing sprints...not nice! Really not nice!

I rode My carbon Bars, and stem in belgium for 3months on some hectic cobbel roads,  they still going strong

I rode My carbon Bars' date=' and stem in belgium for 3months on some hectic cobbel roads,  they still going strong

[/quote']

respect! three month with u and i'd be broken!

Wink