Fizik Arione vs. Selle Italia SLR

Dr. Seuss

had enough of the the selle italia & got the fizik arione.

when i fit the arione do i have to lower my seatpost,  or are these two saddles close to the same height?

it is a bit difficult to judge by just looking at them,  and i do not have any precision measuring equipment.

same goes for the fore / aft position - do i just get the offset of the current center of the slr as opposed to the seatpost,  find the center of the arione & mount with the same offset?

i really don't feel like going through months of micro adjustments.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from the Arione to the SLR. At first I swore that I would throw the SLR away...Now its the most comfortable saddle!

Hi Dr Seuss

The Arione has a longer "perch" than most saddles, and IIRC has more fore/aft adjustemnt too.  It almost certainly has a different rail/deck height than the SLR as well.

Get ready for the adjusting, but be consoled that any amount of adjusting HAS to be less of a PITA than a SLR.

had the SLR for about 8 months now & it gets very uncomfortable after about 3 hours in the saddle.

have the gel flow on another bike & that one seems to be fine- figured i will try the arione

Hey DS

I got the Arione after having a SI Oktavia - made a huge difference in ride comfort (but only after a while)

I had to decrease my saddle height because the arione is a little less flexible/soft.

Also note that the arione is longer than most other saddles, so you have more seating options, but at the same time you could take a while to get the right position. This only depends on where you sit on the saddle.

I had my set up done by Arran Brown who got it spot-on in no time, as well as making some other changes to my positioning. He also sells Fiziks, so he's very clued up about the difference between the two as well as setting them up properly.

Comfort trumps lightness every time.  It's very tricky to be speedy when your ringbit is screaming profanities.  If you can be comfortable on a light saddle, so much the better, but if you can't the Arione is a good choice.

I so-o-o-o-o-o wanted to like my SLR.  It added about 5km/h to the bike's top speed just standing still, but damn it was uncomfortable for me, so it had to go.

Much happier now, with a Selle Italia Signo Gel Flow, for the record.

the 135gr SLR , calls for precise adjustment and a good chamois in the shorts, once you find that spot, it'll be the best saddle ever!

Hi

I also changed fron SLR to Arione recently. Didn't adjust seat post at all, just had to shift saddle a little more forward because of its longer perch.

Very happy.

Its not all about the saddle tho. There's nothing better than riding with a good pair of shorts (Assos) for the longer rides.

Blah blah blah, I was told the same thing about the elusive G-Spot! Cry Neither here nor there, anyway, also got an Arione but haven't actually ridden it yet. Not sure what to expect...