Inadequate sales staff

supertorro

So went to check out some new bikes yesterday.  Very nice and all that, but then rep was, shall we say, somewhat lacking in product knowledge.  Why is he the rep?  One comment from a bystander: He's not qualified to sell a pram!

Really.  How on earth did he get the job?  I can't stand all the bulls$%@ sales people who have no clue what they're talking about.

A while back I went to buy a new car. Did some research, and one of the ones I wanted to test drive was a Focus. Went to a Ford dealer, then the problem was, I knew more about the car than the sales person, and they didn't have one to even sit in, let alone test drive. So they take my details, they gonna call me to arrange a test drive once they have one. 5 months later, I'm still waiting for a call.

Needless to say, I didn't buy one, and I don't even wanna know what their after sales service would have been like.

Shocking how many sales people let their side down like this, across all business sectors. 

I have also had a similar experience in a bike shop. Biggest problem I had was actually getting someone to acknowledge my presence. I will now out of principle not go back to this particular store.

That's really the only way that business in this country will correct service levels.

If you stick to shopping at retailers that offer an acceptable level of service, the ones that aren't will be forced to re-evaluate.

Of course, it helps if you tell them that their service levels are up to Dead

probably nothing.

In cape Town bad service is part of the culture man...

Everyone works to support their drinking......or other habits.

Bad service, lack of product knowledge, repeating marketing BS is all part of the minefield of buying anything in Cape Town.....

Oh I forgot racism, thats another factor.

Theres so few people out there who really know the products they flog.

empower yourself, decide what you want and buy it anyway

Oh I forgot racism' date=' thats another factor.

[/quote']

It's because I thought you had frostbiten fingers when you took your cycling gloves off isn't it?

An honest mistake mate. Honest.

can't handle seeing cyclists parked in DISABLED BAYS outside a well known cycling outlet in the northern suburbs, even worse is seeing a bike distributors van parked there 

nee nee city cycling club...die bikeshop is hier in JHB se voorstede

ek kan vir butafly spesiale plekkie by die shop organise as hy regtig wil.

ja city you are right , the shp in question is WE lifestyle , can't blame them ,the disabled bays are right outside their door and well signposted. but the giant distributor takes the cake by parking in them.