LBS Tantrum

Guest Agteros

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but you blowing against the wind. LOL <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The tube did fit in the rim.  So it is not the wrong tube.  I personally prefer them on all my bikes.  Yes, they could have been more attentive.

The fact that you did not know how to swap the head of your pump is not your LBS?s problem. 

So let it go and chalk it up as experienceThumbs%20Up.  I am constantly learning new thing about bikes and sometimes it unfortunately cost me money and timeOuch.

There is a great saying ?You?ve got the right to be a sucker once?LOL

PS: The easiest way to get the rubber thingy out is to unscrew cap and then to flip the locking lever, this pushes the rubber out.  Sorted.Thumbs%20Up

Ox_Wagon2008-11-02 09:27:19

Dude...

1) Over and above everything else, you are p1ssed that you punctured in the race.

2) You should have checked everything out before the race.

3) You are fulla **** for trying to shift blame to the LBS, this has nothing to do with the owners, and their commitment to their clients.

4) This buck stops squarely on your doorstep.

5) RTFM.

Agteros, have a look in the mirror and slap yourself on the forehead. HARD!

Now swallow your pride and go back to your LBS and ask them how to use your pump. Tell them to replace your tube.

Now have a good laugh with them about your experience and LEARN from it. Hopefully you will look back on it with much humour many years down the line. If you don't change your attitude you will just have the same crappy service from any bike shop you go to.

while i do agree with the general comments here, i gather that agteros is a NOOB - ie he is learning about cycling and doesn't just know these things yet and i have to admit that a decent LBS would try teach him stuff each time he goes to them. unfortunately he has chosen a really really shyte shop to go to. luckily by the time i went to them (when i was looking for a road bike to replace my original hybrid) i already knew a thing or two and the service etc i got from them cemented by relationship with my lbs - linden cycles might be over twice the distance away, but i know it is in my best interests to drive straight past cycle fountain.

agteros, do yourself a favour - rather go to linden cycles or to northcliff cycles. tell them you're a noob and they will help you to learn about cycling and cycling equipment.

Jeez, Im amazed at the reactions here..

Buy a bike, a pump, a tube at the same time.... serious let down to find out middle of a race that you have the wrong tube.. I doubt whether he would have got going with a presta valve tube if the rim was a shraeder.. surely the valve hole in the rim will be too big?..

Why in this case does the Lbs assume the rider knows about double headed pumps... sounds like it was set to schraeder and hence wouldnt work on presta... Back to the wrong tube scenario...

Think the judgement is a bit harsh here from many.. Salesman deserves a slap to the side of the head for not going through all the features, spares extra with the sale of a new bike..

Sorry Os' date=' but you have only yourself to blame. Pre-ride checks are important and you should apply your mind to them.

[/quote']

I have to agree, check and test all your stuff before venturing out. Next time, ask them all the ins and outs I'm sure they will take you through it.

wish I had a full camelback today at the midvaal race today haha.
Rude2008-11-02 13:40:45

Os..... kan jy 'n nuwe tjoep insit. Het jy dit al ge-oefen. Het jy die twee mekweftertjies wat jy gebruik om die tyre af te haal. Boet, jy moet die goettertjies oefen VOODAT jy die bosse invaar. Jy sal self betaal vir die tjopper as hulle jou moet kom soek en jy probeer se dit is die stjoepit fiestwinkel se skuld!!!!!!

PS...... moes jy toe finish toe stap???????

Jeez' date=' Im amazed at the reactions here..

Buy a bike, a pump, a tube at the same time.... serious let down to find out middle of a race that you have the wrong tube.. I doubt whether he would have got going with a presta valve tube if the rim was a shraeder.. surely the valve hole in the rim will be too big?..

Why in this case does the Lbs assume the rider knows about double headed pumps... sounds like it was set to schraeder and hence wouldnt work on presta... Back to the wrong tube scenario...

Think the judgement is a bit harsh here from many.. Salesman deserves a slap to the side of the head for not going through all the features, spares extra with the sale of a new bike..

[/quote']

You don't get a schraeder rim or a presta rim, one size hole fits all. It is up to Agteros to know the ins and outs of his chosen sport, and that includes getting to know the equipment he uses and making sure its in working order.

[/quote']

You don't get a schraeder rim or a presta rim, one size hole fits all. It is up to Agteros to know the ins and outs of his chosen sport, and that includes getting to know the equipment he uses and making sure its in working order.

Uh uh......... jy is verkeerd Velo, I had to drill my Alex rims on the Gary Fisher to change from Presta to Schrader.

Guest Agteros

. . .

los dit eerder, dit sal net vet op die vuur wees

. . .

Agteros2008-11-02 14:29:29

[/quote']

Uh uh......... jy is verkeerd Velo, I had to drill my Alex rims on the Gary Fisher to change from Presta to Schrader.

Ok, i stand corrected then.

. . .
los dit eerder' date=' dit sal net vet op die vuur wees
. . .
[/quote']

Before you edited your post, you took a snipe at those who hide behind a nom de plume. I suggest you fix your own profile before throwing stones.