Bikejacking - again!

ewep

On Tuesday, 26 December, I was unfortunate enough to be at the Union Hospital in Alberton.  2 cyclists were brought into the trauma unit, one shot through the arm.  The guys were riding on the Old Vereeniging Rd. when guys jumped out, bikejacked the one and shot at the other when he started sprinting away.

Please be on the lookout for the one guys bike.  Ridley Full carbon, Shimano Dura-Ace g/set and wheels (not the carbon ones!)

Trying to ride away is normal....I know! But at that moment your legs are like jelly its useless! Just stand still and deliver.

I dont know any more - crime I can understand and accept, but the level of violent crime is really quite unacceptable.

I often ride around that particular area as the club uses it all the time but I would not ride there alone.

makes you sick !!! it is bad enough hijacking cars now the f^(*^*% must take bikes too !! 

Old Vereeniging Road also forms part of my regular route.

I also avoid riding that route alone. Generally, 5 or more riders makes me feel a lot safer.

we are planning to hike on table mountain coming weekend. Because of all the incidents that have happened there, hiking parties must be at least 5, or bigger.

i believe you get a walking stick that disguises a sword blade. Imagine hiking by youself and guys approach you with knifes. You hold out the walking stick, they grab it... taking the protective part off the sword... Thumbs%20Up

Don't worry guys.  Crime is on the decrease!!  So the minister says.  Yeah, f#$%ng right.  Wonder when someone is going to wake him up and tell him he was dreaming.

Hence his statement.  Nobody has attacked him yet.  As far as he is concerned, things are going very well here in sunny SA.