Group size for training?

quinton

I am trying to gather some riders together to form a group and looking for comments on how big or small I should keep the group too.

Looking ride in the West Rand, so starting on Hendrik Potgitier somewhere and out towards krugersdorp/magalies/maropeng.

Maybe someone there already has a some groups that we can join with.

Cheers

How far and how fast?

Big groups are nice but it is hard to find a lot of people all interested in the same ride.

thanks for the feed back, I also found riding in larger then 8 becomes an issue.

If we can get enough people together we can make smaller groups at various paces and distances.

Usually distance will be around 70km and upwards, if we can get 8 or more people together, we can try hit 100-130km's

quinton, when are you looking at doing these rides, and what kind of speed? there are quite a couple of us from that side of town who do already get together every so often.... and we do enjoy the "occasional" lsd (>>>>>100km) ride added to the regular training distance rides (80-100km)... Evil%20Smile (oh, ps, i'm planning to focus on mtb and endurance this year... anyone for a monthly lsd?????)

Ok I have a few responses from people keen to form some groups riding along Hendrik Potgieter - We usually start at the Hub/Mr Price traffic lights on HP around 05h30 and go out, if you keen to join in and see if it meets your requirments, feel free to meet us there.

Sorry, bit late...

Dunno, but what usually works for us is just saying "all welcome".

Some turn around halfway, some go even further. But we usually end up with about 4-10 people doing the full distance. All good fun!Thumbs%20Up

Ons ry nie in die week nie want meeste van die mense wat saam ry moet by die werk uit kom maar ek sal krag will ry, hoe laat gaan julle uit en waar ry julle?

nee ken paar ouens wat gewoonlik so 5uur begin en 2 ure ry...ek kan dit ongelukkig nie doen nie...moet 6:30 al by werk wees.....sou graag op die pad in die week wil kom maar dink dis bietjie laf om seker al 4:30 in die oggend te ry

amoryns, for what it's worth, michH a colleague of mine and i go out wednesdays and fridays - we meet at 5am and ride for an hour (usually) from the BP along JG Strydom (makes it very easy to do hill reps on golf club seeing as it's right there...). you're welcome to join us if you want the time-in-the-saddle (we're not as strong as you so i don't think it'll be a mega work-out per se for you)