Dangerous drivers reg. no's list

christine

Lets start a list on this website of dangerous car drivers registration numbers and when they appear more than once lets take action. We'll have the proof using this website. Any commentsAngry

Sounds like 'n great idea. Only problem is that it's starting to sound like a war. We will loose every battle and maybe the war.

It is a good idea but will be for info only . I.E get out of the way if you see this or that . Getting somebody to take action against such person is not gonna happen .

Good idea - but tell me - how many registration numbers have you memorize of the car that passed you going at 100km/h?

Personnally I think some sort of camcorder device in the helmet or so can work but I never manage to get the license plate.

But maybe we should start doing something.  I already do it with the busses and trucks that have the drive report number.  And it must work in some or other way.  How many vehicles have you seen with these numbers on of which part of it was removed.  This means that people do call in and they do get nailed.

You won't always be able to see the number but if the guys does get caught at the next traffic light, instead of confronting the idiot, just write down the plate number.  Normally these guys know that they were in the wrong and are waiting to see what you would do.  The moment you start writing down their plate numbers and not do anything against them at that point will make them uneasy and they might thing twice next time.  Especially if Arrive alive would phone as well.

I once 'wrote down' (actually captured the number on my cell phone) and the guy stopped at the next light to apologize.

Unfortunately it doesn't count because the guy was an American tourist who had genuinely made a mistake. If it was a South African they would probably have stopped at the next light to shoot me!

Yes, last Sunday when the guy just missed me on a quiet road I waved at him, he slowed down, I took out my cell phone and took his picture. From then he looked very nervous and eventually drove off when another car came up behind him. You can actually zoom in quite far with the cell phone. I got hold of Arrive Alive and have registered with them to become a 'Traffic Observer' . Give them all your details, they check you out and you can then phone them on a toll free number and give details of any traffic law transgressor and they will sent that person a warning for the first offence and thereafter take the matter further. Looking forward to nailing a few arrogant drivers !!

Good idea - but tell me - how many registration numbers have you memorize of the car that passed you going at 100km/h?

considering that a well trained rider is going at almost the same speed it shouldn't be too ahrd since the car will pass the rider like a turtel passes a snail. enough time for some coffe in between!