Mavic Ksyriums Elite

I bought me a pair yesterday... and decided to call a couple of friends to boast about my new purchase..... I am hearing bad things hubbers about this wheels...put my mind at ease

They saying the wheels needs to be trued after every ride...I think they just jealous Tongue<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Worst freewheel body in the business, if you don't believe me get hold of James Huang from cyclingnews.com he agrees with me. Sorry not a fan but don't worry the same crap freewheel body is used across the CrossMax and Ksyrium range.

Can't comment on the Elite.  The Ksyrium was a good wheelset.  I broke 2 spokes in 2 years.

Campagnolo Euros = 0 spokes in 2 years.

Apart from that, I was not too disappointed with it.  TitusTi has a point on the freewheel body.  The moment you grease it up, it starts slipping and goes chainsuck on you.....

I looks like from the reviews that there is some sort of problem with the tension of the spokes but I am sure that can be fixed by a good wheelbuilder....

Have a look

I have a pair that I train with.Had them for two years.Never broke a spoke,never been trued and still going strong.They do have a lot of flex in a sprint though,but that you can live with by just opening your rear brake callipar.I weigh 75 kg.Good value for money.

OK ...so I GUESS the tension needs to be adjusted if I have a problem...Do you think I should have it adjusted before riding with the wheels ?

I have a pair that I train with.Had them for two years.Never broke a spoke' date='never been trued and still going strong.They do have a lot of flex in a sprint though,but that you can live with by just opening your rear brake callipar.I weigh 75 kg.Good value for money.[/quote']

How much are they? Just so we can see if they are good value for money?

-- In comparison to something like the Velomax (Easton)

I was looking at the Circuit and the idiooooota salesperson peeeed me so off...because he was not knowledgeable about the products and I decided to go for something safe....The Shop a place in Claremont... CT

Yeah, there was another post about this the other days, most sales staff in Cape Towns jobs could be done quite capably by vaguely educated monkeys