Road Cycling Gloves

Jaco Steyn

I have seen a lot of discussions on tyres, helmets, shoes and seats but nothing on gloves. What's the best out there, and how often do you replace them?

I bought a set of Cyclogells.  Padding is great, but the quality sucks.  I did the 94.7 with them, and they went up in tatters.

Other gloves I have used is: 

RavX gloves.  Good but the padding doesn't last,  Replaced after 14 months Quality great, and I still use them.

I've had my ravX novaX for just over a month quite happy with them as i use them for rowing at the gym so they go through some serious abuse.

Have no clue how long they gonna last that way but id definately consider getting another pair when they die

nike - similar to what lance uses & the other one with the velcro fastners on tbe bottom (prefer these)

for better control I ride without gloves and with 2 sets of bartape....

tip if you do that: close your hands if you fall!

I just replaced my Ravx NovaX with Louis Garneu Biogel Air. They were about R30 cheaper then the Ravx and waaaaaaayy more comfortable and airy. Even the palms have got some air holes.

By far the best gloves I have used are Chiba CrossWind gloves.  Don't know of anyone that stock them here, but you can get them from Oldham Cycle Centre (www.oldhamcyclecentre.co.uk) for 14 quid.  Next best bet is the PRO gel gloves that you can get at most bike shops.

Dont wear gloves anymore but when i did scott made i pice pair that had no srap but instead a an elastic type edge

I just replaced my Ravx NovaX with Louis Garneu Biogel Air. They were about R30 cheaper then the Ravx and waaaaaaayy more comfortable and airy. Even the palms have got some air holes.

Where can we get em?

mampara those must be cheeeeeeeeeap :)

my novaX were R115 and that was at a shop with no discounts.......i could have gone like 30km down the rd and got 15% off though............:)

Where can we get em?

I go mine from Linden for R135. Might go and get a second pair just for back-up or the future in case you don't get them anymore.

mampara those must be cheeeeeeeeeap :)

my novaX were R115 and that was at a shop with no discounts.......i could have gone like 30km down the rd and got 15% off though............:)

Then I was ripped off on mine because I paid R165.

Where can we get em?

I have a set as well.  Won them on from FiT. 
VERY NICE!!  You can get at Bruce Reinecke.  Think HotSpot has them as well.

I have Pro Gel, strong and comfortable. Worst gloves i've had were Ryder, they came apart after only a few rides.

Fox! There's a reason they're R300 a set! Best gloves I ever owned. My current RavX's are 6months old and on the way to retirement...