NCR: Rave, rave, rave

intern

Winki played at 330 on many occasions (dj) as well as in many other clubs around the country and none came close to the 330 sound rig and lighting in the engine room.....as well as the atmosphere. we durbanites still fondly refer to it as THE CLUB.CryCryCry    

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We ( The wife and I ) are going to see Tiesto in Istanbul next year. Not going to miss that for anything.

Already got 25 little extras for the trip. Looking for a suitable place to hide them.

Guest colonel

Shawn: Did you ever get to play Boiler Room in CT atall? Also did you play with Warren Lisack? Gavin Fitchie? Bruno? Toby Allen? Dr Anton? etc atall?

Those niggers were my crew! haha.

Guest colonel

We ( The wife and I ) are going to see Tiesto in Istanbul next year. Not going to miss that for anything.

Already got 25 little extras for the trip. Looking for a suitable place to hide them.

I would leave your little extra's here you can get better sh*t there compared to what is here dude. If not post them to the accomodaiton you staying at.

Tiesto feat  Andain. Beautiful things. With the  sun going down on a Sunday afternoon at ESP with the roof open.

Back then and Im talking '93 - '98 were good days for clubbing and hard house music and warehouse raves. Now days its a dodge hole and the music is so commercial you might aswell E-out in your car with the heater on listening to 5FM.

Nah theres still some good stuff around, although it's pretty much more underground these days.

People still cling to old trance days, but the music has evolved.

The Rockitt vs Robot partys in CT and Jhb are decent and Carfax hosts some stellar events.

I went off the CT scene when certain promoters advertised headline acts from CT who never even knew about the event. Still, the last few years there been some good events. Like the Global Underground with James Zabiela and the one party at the Castle of Good Hope with Pacha.

Kat killed the scene

Guest colonel
Back then and Im talking '93 - '98 were good days for clubbing and hard house music and warehouse raves. Now days its a dodge hole and the music is so commercial you might aswell E-out in your car with the heater on listening to 5FM.

Nah theres still some good stuff around' date=' although it's pretty much more underground these days.

People still cling to old trance days, but the music has evolved.

The Rockitt vs Robot partys in CT and Jhb are decent and Carfax hosts some stellar events.

I went off the CT scene when certain promoters advertised headline acts from CT who never even knew about the event. Still, the last few years there been some good events. Like the Global Underground with James Zabiela and the one party at the Castle of Good Hope with Pacha.

Kat killed the scene
[/quote']

I didnt know Kat was still in it came in pretty big in 95-96 here but then fizzled out pretty quick. Interesting.

erm good point colonel' date=' mind you I never really knew what was what genre-wise, just knew what I liked! They did play some of this stuff in ESP, Nexus, those dens of iniquity out at Stonewater and Hideout...that dodgy hole in the wall at Cresta, Gecko Lounge...
[/quote']

he he he I remeber the first time I went to Gecko Lounge, every one had a lollipop in their mouth and I was like WTF, until a friend explined it to me! Embarrassed

Then I got hit on by 3 girls in the same night Confused

And calling it dodgy, it's now been turned into a Teasers LOL oops now some of you are going to go back there pronto!!!

amateur2008-11-11 08:29:09

That is so damn true!!!! See how the scene changes into a sh*t hole after 03:00... went to Tiesto last year oct... was still having a good time and all of a sudden that place turned into i dont want to even mention like that... Scary sh*t going on... But love to party!!!! Wacko

I didnt know Kat was still in it came in pretty big in 95-96 here but then fizzled out pretty quick. Interesting.

Never liked Kat much untill I got to know a master baker, he changed my mind somewhat.

Guest colonel

Danger Dassie: I see your name in brackets is Dino by no chance you are Dino TopHat the DJ???

Nay never, Dino is a nick I've had since school days.... Used to work the scene for a while and organised a few small scale events.

Never touched the turntables or CDJs though.

Guest colonel

OK cool it was a sh*t in the dark considering you knew allittle of what you were talking about.