Conti gatorskins

Evan Andreou

Great protection but a bit heavy' date=' anyone know of a light alternative which offers similar puncture resistance?[/quote']

Through 25ml less water in your bottle and that will make up the weight difference.LOL

Rather that than have a puncture......Thumbs%20Up

Heavy? That must explain why my climbing is cr@p since I started using the 25C Gatorskins (300g). Nothing to do with the fruit mince pies, trifle, etc, clinging to my love handles, of course.

In foldable format, a 23C GP4000 weighs 205 g and the Gatorskin equivalent 230 g. The normal wire-beaded Gatorskin 23C weighs 280 g.

Michelin Pro race 2 and Vredenstein Fortezza Tricomp.These are both great tyres and I even ride them on the trainer every now and then.(not advisable as they are pricey)

Michelin Carbons. Great ride, decent price and pretty good with punctures (2 in over 2000km's aint bad). The ProRace 2's are excellent all round tires and my front has lasted for what seems like forever.

Ever tried to change/remove a GatorSkin tyre (when fixing punctures or whatever)...!? A mission I tell you! Since beading is so stiff.

But they are good for puncture resistance, you don't have to worry about glass or anything, only large stones pretty much, and metal debris from construction sites.

I change my Gator's by hand?

i also find to change them is problemless. wire version easier to change than the foldable once!

Ever tried to change/remove a GatorSkin tyre (when fixing punctures or whatever)...!? A mission I tell you! Since beading is so stiff.

But they are good for puncture resistance' date=' you don't have to worry about glass or anything, only large stones pretty much, and metal debris from construction sites.

[/quote']

its your rims,  there all different

But they are good for puncture resistance' date=' you don't have to worry about glass or anything, only large stones pretty much, and metal debris from construction sites.

[/quote']

It's your rims,  there all different

Could be, but my Specialized tyres are the easiest things in the world to change and they have softer beading & sidewalls...