Broken Spokes

epoh

What do I do with a wheel that has got a couple of broken spokes? I bumped into a friend's back wheel with my front wheel this past weekend in the IFM race and it ripped out a few spokes Confused. Do I throw it away or is it possible to fix it?

I can't believe the bad luck I have had so far this year... and its only the 8th today Cry. Last week they stole one of my  expensive guitars, Saturday they stole my credit card and ran it up into the thousands before I found out and  Sunday two near crashes on the bike.

Am I jinxed? Too scared to leave the house, I took two days leave to figure out wtf is going on.

epoh, I'm sorry to hear all the bad luck. Maybe you are getting it all out the way early on in the year and the rest of the year will be fab?

I would say swap from road to MTB, but with that luck...!!

Epoh - Take the wheel to Linden cycles there is a guy there who is really good at re-building wheels. He did a friend of mine's racing tandem wheels as they use to snap spokes often. I didn't hear him complain about the wheel after that!

Ask Slowpoke what his name is, she knows the guys there well.

And I got a welding machine and hammer . Always wanted to give this wheel building thing a bash .

Wacko LOL

Ag man, don't worry about building wheels, you can have my set of sh*tmano's! Embarrassed In fact I might have to pay you for taking them!

Thanks guys, I will follow up on your advice. Pantani give me those wheels :-)

After doing an intense investigation myself and working around the

clock we should be making an arrest within the next few days. The

suspect is completely unknown to me and I managed to track him down :-)

The biatch stole the wrong guy's card.

Now now... Save all that anger and frustration for The Fast One! I'm going to need you and Adolph to do a sterling job at the front so that I can coast to an easy victory... Embarrassed

Now now... Save all that anger and frustration for The Fast One! I'm going to need you and Adolph to do a sterling job at the front so that I can coast to an easy victory... Embarrassed

This race looks damn dangerous, I am sure I will be near the front for most of the race Wink. Adolph can sprint so you better watch that kid Tongue

so what happened to you this morning?  saw you at the start leaving way before the big boys start. 

did you go long?

Yeah, went long with Ben the Ugandan from the Lab. Was a bad idea, he hurt me really bad, 31km/h Ouch