Is R5000 for an RC3000 a good deal?

chris414

Hey there

I've gotten an offer for a 2nd hand Raleigh RC3000 from someone and i'm just wondering if it's a good deal. It's a 2007 model, apparently only ridden 200km, seems to be in good condition, comes with clips and computer. Is it worth R5000?

Thanks

Chris

Yip R3000 is a better price.  the RC 3000 is the entry level Raleigh,  I sold my Specialized with Campy and Easton wheels with a Campy Ultra Torque crank for R6000.

Offer half, see if he accepts

You can probably pick up a 2008 version brand new for a few hundred Rands more. Most shops are discounting their 2008 stock in anticipation of the 2009 arivals. Check out the Raleigh Breakaway Deal link on this website. If I remember, they are selling for R5 800 or something.

A Friend of mine bought a 2007 RC 3000 with 105 (9) speed, computer and extra's for R3 100 about 2 months ago. Everything in very good nick. Bike Weighted about 300 gram less than stock RC3000.

Yip R3000 is a better price.  the RC 3000 is the entry level Raleigh' date='  ...[/quote']

Actually, the RC2000 is the entry level Sora equiped Raleigh.

The RC3000 is next up with Tiagra.

Agree 100% that R5k is too steep.

Offer him R3k if the bike is in good condition.

I have a RC 6000 with The RC 3000 parts on it and selling it for R3000 hopefully. Bike in very good condition. I also think R5000 is too step.

I agree, I could have bought a NEW RC3000 from my LBS for just over 5k. A 2007 model is probably worth R2500.

You can get good road bikes with Shimano 105 groupset and carbon bits for under 5k...

This guy's taking a chance...