Cut your own tread

AndreZA

Anybody here ever tried cutting your own tread on your MTB tyres? Not talking about making tread out of slicks but cutting away a few knobbies to get better traction. I know the Rally guys go it depending on the stage they are doing.

Just wondering.

I wouldn't even think of going near my tyres with a knife, just rode over a piece of glass this morning and got another cut in my tyre! Imagine the damage I would inflict with a sharp knife in my hand!

Interessant. Sou nice wees as mens 'n dik slick kon kry en self begin speel. Fietsbande soos ons hulle kry is te minimalisties en die rubber is so dun as moontlik om dit so lig as moontlik te maak. Nogal 'n interessante idee!!!!!!!

Never done it, but could imagine certain circumstances that would call for it depending on the tires on your rims.

They did it in F1 as well when they were experimenting with rain tyres. They sommer did it in the pits, saw them at Kyalami in verrry old days.

Soos in Carbon Fibre!!!!!! sjoe!!!!!! jy kan dan jou eie frames begin bou!!!!! Hoe sweis mens carbon fibre!!!!!! Selfde as hout seker want dit word seker ook carbon as jy dit sweis!!!!!!

A few of the serious Imana Wild Ride teams take 2.3's and grind/cut them down to semi-slicks for use on the beach, (It's hard to come by a 2.3 semi)