polar precision performance sw 5

SaddleSore

Has anyone bought a polar product with this version 5 of the PPP software. 

I believe its only available on certain new product ranges and as yet no ugrade is available for current v4 users.

The download v5 availabe is only a trial copy and of no use. However if you have purchased a new product from polar you may get version 5 as part of te deal.

I have contacted polarhelp desk international/local and they seem quite tight lipped about any upgrade free or otherwise. The idea that i need to purchase a new product simply to get hold of the latest version sticks in my throat..

Yet they seem to think this is ok some how.

I would like to copy your version 5, maybe they will wake up and make an upgrade available to their current clients and not fob us off.

Garmin.

Just buy a Garmin and you won't have to get involved in the whole Polar price fixing, software secrecy, send it to Jhb when it breaks saga. I needed something done on my Garmin and it was same day local service with a smile and massive discount for being a nice guy.

I love my Garmin I do.

if there is an upgrade, i will be first in line to get it. there is a load of buggs in version 4, and i hope that its sorted in 5

Oh BTW SaddleSore

You only have to buy a Polar product once to get the software registered.  All future upgrades of the software is FOC and downloadable from the Polar Website.

Polar Website has version 4.03.043 for downloads still.

That version of the software was issued during March 2006 !

They have brougt out a newer range of heart rate monitors that work in conjuntion with certain of the Adidas range of running shoes, but the top of the range watch which replaces the 625x which I have, retails for approx R4 500.

Personally, given the choice if I have to replace my 625x I would probably seriously consider the Garmin Forerunner 305 due to the added functionality of the GPS mapping software.

I sent them an Error report on Version 4 today.  Will let you know if they will do anything or make me move to version 5.

The problem I have is that the start screen keeps refreshing, and I tried their troubleshoot thing, not that it is any help...

They have brougt out a newer range of heart rate monitors that work in conjuntion with certain of the Adidas range of running shoes, but the top of the range watch which replaces the 625x which I have, retails for approx R4 500.

What model replaces the 625x?

What model replaces the 625x?

The 625x is still available' date=' but the new top of the range watch is the RS800

New Polar RS800 Running Computers are complete systems for planning,

monitoring and analyzing your training. These products provide optimum

combination of features for elite level athletes and their coaches. The

products come with the new Polar WearLink transmitter W.I.N.D. The

Polar RS800sd is a part of the world?s first integrated training system

together with adidas running gear. It also comes with the new Polar s3

stride sensor W.I.N.D. for detailed speed/pace and distance tracking.

http://www.polar.fi/polar/channels/eng/segments/Running/RS800sd.html

The cycling version is the CS600 I believe.  Why don't you guys just download the trial and install the full version when it is available as an upgrade.  Just backup you user data and recover when you install the new version.

downloaded the v5 - still has that stupid screen redraw thing,  but at least it only does it once!

downloaded the v5 - still has that stupid screen redraw thing' date='  but at least it only does it once!

[/quote']

Please post the link.  I can't find it at the normal Polar link that shows the latest & greatest.

Thanks

The cycling version is the CS600 I believe.  Why don't you guys just download the trial and install the full version when it is available as an upgrade.  Just backup you user data and recover when you install the new version.
Spoke to Polar guys this morning...

CS600 is not quite the replacement for 625x either, as the CS600 is a Handle Bar Mounted Cycle Computer - Same as CS100 & CS200, whereas the 720/725x/625x is a wearable HRM with Cycling (and Running for 625x) functions