Wheel Removal - Shimano v. Campagnolo

bikemonster

Hi All

As a recent convert to Italian (ciao bella!), there is one thing that I miss since saying 'sayonara' to Shimano:

There is a lever-operated cam on Shimano brakes that allows the brake caliper to be opened just enough to allow the tyre to clear the brake pads.  With Campag I need to persuade the tyre to clear the brake pads.

Or is there some cunning stunt that I am missing?

monster

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Campy ergo there is a little "button" that allows the brakes to open a bit wider, not quite the same as the Shimano cam but it does the job.

There is a little silver pin in the brake levers that slides left and right to "release" the lever that will open the brake arches.

Thanks guys, I'll find that little button.

That was easy.  And there I was suspecting that my query would lead to a wakening up of a quiet hub.

Perhaps I'll have to resort to starting a satanic evolution thread over on ChitChat...

the little silver button on the left...

You  need to depress the brake lever slightly to press the brake release button

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/tech/features/campaggroups2007/picture38.jpg

Sorry bikemonster but I can no longer resist this!!!!  Your question is like asking: "how do you loosen a sports bra?"LOL

Sorry bikemonster but I can no longer resist this!!!!  Your question is like asking: "how do you loosen a sports bra?"LOL

The answer to THAT question is very easy:

Archers Aqua, Smirnoff Spin, Savanna...any of these will work.

The answer to THAT question is very easy:

Archers Aqua' date=' Smirnoff Spin, Savanna...any of these will work.
[/quote']

LoL, Ya or you could try some of the pick-up lines that was discussed on the hub.........LOL

If Smirnoff Spin loosens the bra, I can't wait to see what a descent drink will do?WinkLOL

Psycho

If she's drinking in a sports bra (which may or may not be the same as drinking in a sports bar), chances are you need to be using any tart fuel as a social lubricant.

(Dons fireproof underwear, lights blue touch paper but does not retire...)

SO...this dyslexic walks into a sports bra.

Psycho

If she's drinking in a sports bra (which may or may not be the same as drinking in a sports bar)' date=' chances are you need to be using any tart fuel as a social lubricant.

(Dons fireproof underwear, lights blue touch paper but does not retire...)

SO...this dyslexic walks into a sports bra.
[/quote']

I find the best social lubricant to use is Southern Comfort, on ice, AKA liquid panty remover!

I find the best social lubricant to use is Southern Comfort' date=' on ice, AKA liquid panty remover![/quote']

Ha HaLOL Southern Comfort is my wife's favorite...Big%20smile

Psycho.....it is called a scissor.......Big%20smile