3-4hr ride on the Spruit Sunday 21st Jan

MichH

Hi all,

I'm looking to up my mileage by doing a 3-4 hour ride on the Spruit. Looking to cover about 40km if possible, so not a ride for the faint hearted. The Panda and I are in so far, any other takers?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mich, a 3- 4 hour ride on the spruit would probably have to include Delta Park and perhaps Alberts Farm as well, but that would probably give you 65k's.

I've got a nice 46k loop (excl Delta & Alberts) that normally takes just under 2.5 hours.

Sorry Michelle, i'm doing the Fast one route Sunday. Getting in early to avoid the big rush happening end of the month.

Thug, you keen to ride? Tell me more about the planned route? we were thinking of starting from top Emmarentia gate...

So, it's me and dad, The Panda, The Thug (maybe), Dirt-Rider...

Hey, maybe if we're strong, we can venture up through Delta for an extra 30mins or so...

DR... I was thinking beer at Cool Runnings in Mellville.  They are bike friendly (took my bike in covered with mud on Sunday)... 

Cheap woman... well, Hillbrow is just around the corner Tongue

MichH, I'll join if I get my hydration pack in time. Ordered it and will be in sometime this week, hopefully. Can't do that distance with just one bottle.

Mampy, bad excuse, 1 bottle on the frame and 2 in the shirt pockets should do it! Like the XC racers do!

Wouldn't refill from the spruit though!

DR... you wanna hit Hillbrow afterwards?  I hear they are having a special on imported goods Wink  These ones aren't from Russia though...

Cool Runnings !!! Awesome ' date=' haven't been there in years .

60k on one waterbottle in very do-able ![/quote']

I'm sure it is but I hate ration rachion rasion  limit myself.

Nope only russian chicks for me please . WE can pop past midrand , can't we ?

Take your backpack and load a few frosties for the road .

Starting in the Botannical Gardens car-park, do a loop through the park, down the Spruit to Witkoppen, across Witkoppen and do a small loop around the smallholdings (+- 2k's) and then back up all the way to the Gardens.

To get extra mileage, you could do a loop through the Gardens, then do a loop around Alberts Farm then onto the Spruit, up through Delta Park, back onto the Spruit and continue to Witkoppen. Probably would be close to 65k's.

Don't know if I'll make it, have planned a 100k ride the day before.