UST Tyre recommendations

Thug

Looking for a good cornering (sticky), fast-rolling UST tyre for my front wheel.

To be fitted to a Mavic XC717 with Stans.

Any recommendations ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the Kenda Nevegal, either the Stick-E rubber or the normal DTC, the Stick-E will give you better straight line braking, pair this with a Kenda Small Block Eight and you might just have one of the best riding combinations around.

From my exp avoid Larsen TT,s.They grip like sh.t.

I have heard only good things about Kenda Nevagals but when we tried to fit a pair in Dec they were defective.

LBS convinced me to try the Crossmark LUST.(I am sure I will live to regret it)

So far they perform well in Cape conditions but now will have to face up to the rigours of Botswana sand and thorns

I have heard only good things about Kenda Nevagals but when we tried to fit a pair in Dec they were defective.

What was wrong with them?

What was wrong with them?

Strange but true...

Jason at Olympic was fitting them to my Crossmax's and the sidewalls were leaking snot.First time he has come across it.Some kind of defect?

Pissed me off because I wanted them,called around but no one had stock.

Kenda don't recommend putting Stans in the Nevegal and I've heard of a number of cases where Nevegals were defective.

Maxxis by their own admission do not rate the Crossmark very well in terms of cornering ability (2 out of 4).

I'm currently running a Larsen TT UST on the back, but would prefer a stickier tyre for the front.

Have a look at the Bontrager Jones XR, I currently use them and have been very happy. Get the 2.25 front tubeless ready, it's actually made to have Bontrager's goop put in which is similar to Stan's.

i ride a larsen n the back,and a crossmark 0n the front.roll fast,cornering pretty fine in dry stellenbosch conditions.

Kenda don't recommend putting Stans in the Nevegal and I've heard of a number of cases where Nevegals were defective.

Maxxis by their own admission do not rate the Crossmark very well in terms of cornering ability (2 out of 4).

I'm currently running a Larsen TT UST on the back' date=' but would prefer a stickier tyre for the front.
[/quote']

I use only UST specific SLIME.Never let me down.

Thanx for the info on the cornering ability of the CrossmarkDead

They are going to go down a treat on some fast twisty sandy single track

I've found Hutchinson Scorpions to be very good on grip' date=' theyve worked well for me [/quote']

Yeah, loved them on front when I was riding a clown bike as well, very good grip, wear quite quickly though.

Psycho laaiks TT's - ask him!!

Buddy of mine fell his arse off because of them and spent 4 months off the bike.They are K.A.K

Have a look at the Bontrager Jones XR' date=' I currently use them and have been very happy. Get the 2.25 front tubeless ready, it's actually made to have Bontrager's goop put in which is similar to Stan's. [/quote']

Thanks Titus, will have a look on their site.

As a matter of interest, I found out yesterday that Bontrager is Trek's in-house accessory and equipment brand.

I tell you something these Panaracer Fire tires that the guys are riding now are brilliant.

Good price as well from Jensons

Have a look at the Bontrager Jones XR' date=' I currently use them and have been very happy. Get the 2.25 front tubeless ready, it's actually made to have Bontrager's goop put in which is similar to Stan's. [/quote']

Thanks Titus, will have a look on their site.

As a matter of interest, I found out yesterday that Bontrager is Trek's in-house accessory and equipment brand.

Yeah, they bought out Keith Bontrager's company about 8 years ago. Keith still does alot of work with the tyre development, which is cool.