MTB Helmets with the Visor

Brakkies Sport Fotos

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, it is to keep your eyes in shade.  This is especially useful in dappled forest light, where you have sunlight and shade alternating as you ride along.  Your eyes can't adjust fast enough to the dappled light, so keeping them in shade sorts that out.

Not noticed that it does anything in the rain. 

On the other hand, I could be completely wrong

Visor schmisor.... does nothing.... only looks cool and can snap down in a prang and break your nose!!!!!!

The important thing is to have a helmet that fits and protects your noggin. I have seen cyclists with R35 000-00 carbon fibre bikes who complain about the price of a helmet. HELMETS WORK......USE THEM!!!!!!

Better go for nose job , sound like you got a beeeg nose . Superman I agree with you as far as the sun goes . I see these roadies on their MTB at races wearing roadie helmets and booties . It is such a scream . It's like doing a MX race with your superbike helmet !!! DON'T DO IT , you will look stupid .

Big H Schmig H!!! Of course it works Oom, especially in rainy conditions, prevents the rear wheel spray to go into your eyes. I find it makes a big difference just for that reason? 

Ag man DR, jy moet daai groen koekies los.  And as for you MWNN, you've been on the bike to long.  I ride with my roadie helmet (Catlike) without a visor and I've had NO PROBLEMS!  Just as long as you wear your helmet!

But people are pointing fingers at me and blaming me of riding with roadies smiley5.gif I try to explain it's people with no sense of pride but they don't seem to understand smiley5.gif Please if you wanna be seen with me (and you just dying to do that ) then at least look the part .

But people are pointing fingers at me and blaming me of riding with roadies smiley5.gif I try to explain it's people with no sense of pride but they don't seem to understand smiley5.gif Please if you wanna be seen with me (and you just dying to do that ) then at least look the part .

You mean you want to be seen with ME!  Let me not start to talk about your shoes!!!! LOLLOL

MWNN: How exactly does a visor prevent the spray from the BACK wheel from going into your eyes?  I'm not very logically or mechanically minded so perhaps you can elaborate on the physics of this phenomenon

If you look behind you to see how far ahead you are of the second place bloke ! And I would just like to point out that it is actaully a peak and not a visor !

Big James used to say it helped for that as well but he used to arch his neck real odd.

And I agree, if I catch another one of these bloody roadie scum desicrating the church of the mtb by riding with booties or even worse bloody socks over the shoes I am going to pull him aside and kick him repeatedlt in the groin! Roadies you have been warned, you will only have yourself to blame.

No name brand .... it is your problem if you want to look stupid with a visor that only really helps when it is wet, that is to say if you do not hide in a busstop when it rains. On occasion when we ventured out in the rain NOTHING really helped ....... I was wet ALL over. A  bad looking visor would not have helped a bit....... a wet suit with goggles and tanks on your back will help...... that would go well with you no name brand then you dont have to hide in the busstop!!!!!!!!

Ewep vertel ons van Vuilryer se skoene asseblief asseblief!!!!!!!!!