bikemax closing?

pedal on the downhills

Sorry to hear bikemax is closing its doors in favour of online coaching. At least one of the flag-bearers of systematic training with power has made it much more accessible, in both senses.

Come on gauties, how about an indoor power-training facility?

In the States they have computrainer multi-rider studios where people can ride against each other over a virtual course.  Can connect the systems via modems as well.

I think the big difference is that in the States they have snow!

I think the big difference is that in the States they have snow!

And cheap broad band. and NO it's not a belt around a fat woman.

Sorry to hear bikemax is closing its doors in favour of online coaching. At least one of the flag-bearers of systematic training with power has made it much more accessible' date=' in both senses.

Come on gauties, how about an indoor power-training facility?
[/quote'] Bikemax closing in Cape Town? if so that sucks as they really helped my riding...

really bad news about Bikemax

Well I heard that Stellenbosch University sport science is looking at the possibility of getting training set-up with indoor bikes/trainers. Dont know when it will happen though.

Any hubber that could give some more info.

Stellenbosch University sport science facility (Louise Prins & others) also do power training and facilitate power training programs 

Thanks for the words of support guys - it has been a really tough decision but ultimately we found that online was both achieving better results, and allowing the guys to spend  less time on changing pedals and maintaining bikes (Ian will tell you all about that..)

Indoor facilities need volume, and unfortunately that does not go hand in hand with the sort of client care that a cyclist needs. The only real way to set something like this up commercially is to work hand in hand with another operator such as a gym or retail outlet where costs are shared etc.

We are looking at a possible deal with a retailer at some point this year that might see us offering a limited indoor training facility, but the future I feel is online  - at www.bikemaxpower.com  Wink

Peter,

All the very best for the future, may you grow your business in leaps and bounds.

Thank you for all your unselfish and continious support with our events.

Pedal & Midge

Peter' date='

All the very best for the future, may you grow your business in leaps and bounds.

Thank you for all your unselfish and continious support with our events.

Pedal & Midge
[/quote']

Thank you - I hope to continue to do so.

....but the future I feel is online  - at www.bikemaxpower.com  Wink

Now that realtime tracking tool of mine could make sense? Has had as lot of joy out of it - shout if anyone wants to give it a try!

....but the future I feel is online  - at www.bikemaxpower.com  Wink

Now that realtime tracking tool of mine could make sense? Has had as lot of joy out of it - shout if anyone wants to give it a try!

Thanks - will keep it in mind.