Genetics, the human body and recovery....

So sport has been involved in my life for a pretty long time, whether it was by actually participating or watching it on tv Tongue

judging by my mother's and my brother's abilities i am to assume that the athletic gene is in me as well

i still wonder what happened that my uncle and my cousins are all tall and skinny Shocked i guess when god was dividing my grandparents' genes he decided athlete abilities to the girl and tall and slender looks to the boy....got that mixed up a bit i think

so back to the point

being an active child that was forced on ski slopes from the tender age of 6 i did some sport during the years.every weekend in winter had to drag  my skis to the bus stop and i dont know what

spend the whole day in the sun under 5 layers of clothing going up and down, up and down until i looked like a tomato because of the sun's reflection in the snow.

then when i grew up a bit it was the fattening stage.....than lasted about 6 yrs.then the gym stage began. i have gone through some training although i never did wake up at 6 to meet some tanned instructor with oversized quads but no calves.

now i've taken up cycling and i am amazed how tired i get

i went on the previously mentioned 3/4 hr ride and during the ride i felt nothing

after it no muscle pain what so ever but i got all my energy drained

had to spent sun in the couch and no gym until this morning

yes i did get up at 6 and went spinning (thank you Robyn yet again)

what happened to me that all of a sudden i cannot take it?

any explanation from the gifted know all about teaining people out there?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about teaining ppl being out here. AND dit yuo go tou for a 3 or 4 huor ride or was ti 45mins.

Makes a dig difference if it is you first in.post_button_smiley.gif

Geesh Dick, did someone swap the keys around on your keyboard?

First thing I'd check is nutrition!!  You aren't on one of those high protein diets are you?

I don't know about teaining ppl being out here. AND dit yuo go tou for a 3 or 4 huor ride or was ti 45mins.

he's reaching for the loo paper.....LOL

i think you were in a bit of a hurry while typing this Wink

it was a 3hr (4 if you count breakfast Tongue) ride

and it was my first that was 3hrs but ive been riding every weekend for a while (short while but still)

Bruce does high protein diet do that to you, cross eyed I mean.

More seriously, would taking protein prevent this even if it was a first ride out of the blocks? If it was only 3/4hr ride them maybe he just went too hard. You know being an ex jym type of fellow and thinking spinning etc. is the same as riding on the road/dirt.

I seem to have saw legs and feel bushed after a ride, but then I know I was overkooking it, trying to hang on to a bunch with abilities way above mine.

I will feel the same after sunday's race no doubt.

If you are short-changing yourself on carbohydrates then yes, you would be very flat after a 3-4 hour ride, especially if your glycogen levels are low to start with.

Oh yea, amazing how one can still make out what was meant. Fact of mind. Yyou can take any sentence and with words of 4 or more letters you can replace the middle letters with anything and the mind will still make asumptions as to what is it suposed to see and understand.

Quite amazing, but a bit off topic.

BG - Some would call it OFS but at your age (1980 model?) that should not apply...

Where did u grow up and learn to ski?

Geesh Dick' date=' did someone swap the keys around on your keyboard?

First thing I'd check is nutrition!!  You aren't on one of those high protein diets are you?
[/quote']

no im not

i eat healthy or i think i do LOL

i love meat but i hardly eat any anymore - maybe once every 2 weeks or so

chicken and once i week i eat fish

have carbs although not a lot cos i feel guilty afterwards Tongue but i know i need them if im am training - so no bread really, some potato boiled/mashed, cous cous, dont have rice at home - i always manage to stuff it up so..........

veges and fruits i have although not as much as 2 months ago when my mommy packed me lunch Embarrassed

i am not a sweet junkie but if my body is craving i have something

funny enough when i start visiting the gym more often sweets come up in my "what shall i snack on" thinking list

during a ride though........hm one of the guys offered a bar one on one of the rides and i just cannot make myself eat some

same with energy drinks - too sweet, even diluted

Bruce does high protein diet do that to you' date=' cross eyed I mean.

More seriously, would taking protein prevent this even if it was a first ride out of the blocks? If it was only 3/4hr ride them maybe he just went too hard. You know being an ex jym type of fellow and thinking spinning etc. is the same as riding on the road/dirt.

I seem to have saw legs and feel bushed after a ride, but then I know I was overkooking it, trying to hang on to a bunch with abilities way above mine.

I will feel the same after sunday's race no doubt.

[/quote']

pls let it be noted that i am a girl.............thought the nick was a give away enough Tongue although i was questioned on this topic before.......Wink

BG - Some would call it OFS but at your age (1980 model?) that should not apply...

Where did u grow up and learn to ski?

1980 model is correct yeah Wink 

OFS - do enlighten me as to what that stands for pls Embarrassed

and i'm bulgarian, or at least was born there and lived there for like a few yrs LOL not enough to shape me into a size 6, vodka drinking not having a proper job (ok i hope i guessed that right LOL), and pretending to speak russian person LOLLOLLOL

BG, sounds like cho intake is suspect, see my postings and those of bikemax's on how much you should be taking during a day and during a ride. Take one of the unflavoured energy drinks to get around sweetness thing. more cho energy won't make you put onfat, it will just give you more energy for trianing, so your intensity will goup, recovery will increase, and you'll get fitter in the bargain. Shouldn't be such a tough sell?

boredgirl  - all I can vneture to sugsget is to nveer undreeitimate waht 4 hrous T.I.T.S. can tkae out of ysoruelf, remmeebr the revcoery drnik - & wehn in duobt, wihp it out!